Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: California Gun Owners Must Turn in Magazines Over Ten Round Capacity Saturday

Double post.
    Last edited by Mike C; 06-29-2017 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Thank goodness there is still some sanity on the Bench...
    I never thought such would be possible from any court in California. It is a miracle.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I never thought such would be possible from any court in California. It is a miracle.
    A George W. appointee.

I was hopeful but expecting a loss. A great start to an extended 4th of July weekend.

I can only think of one person who wouldn't be happy right now. A few months back they offered their magazines on another forum, to any member not in that state, who could use them, rather then turn them in.
    Some of the things I understand in this (due process), but something I did not see, is anything on any individual who is on active service, and not in the state of CA when it took effect (where their possessions were).

Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    It will be excellent if the case ends up overturning the city bans in SF, LA, etc. as well as the statewide one.
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    This.
    And setting a precedent within the 9th Circus that will void any planned bans/controls anywhere else in the 9th Circus, the Washingtonian said, apprehensively...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I can tell you that fucks are given by me, because this sort of nincompoopery will likely hit WA state next. As a past ID resident, I already sort of know what it's like to own things you now suddenly can't own. It's one thing to be all wink wink, nod nod F the man, and fondle shit in your basement gunroom, and quite another to know you have a target on your back (even if it's blacked out phantom-style) whenever you actually want to use and enjoy your own property and investment. JMO.
    Yup, there are states on the edge and folks would do well to remember that we're all in this together.
    #RESIST

I would encourage those on this forum to read Judge Roger Benitez's opinion. He rips California's "evidence" apart that banning high capacity magazines would reduce shootings. To the contrary, Judge Benitez makes the point that banning high capacity magazines actually endangers those needing to use firearms in defense of themselves and their families. He uses an elderly woman as an example. This woman ran out of bullets when defending herself during a home invasion and was subsequently shot. Kudos for Judge Benitez.

User Tag List