Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MHS Entry Pistols

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TiroFijo View Post
    Better this than the push-through safety Glock has put in some guns...

Local police bought some (bunch of corrupt idiots), and of course some more with no safety.

Are there elements of the police there that are squared away, or is corruption pervasive?

The way the cops carried their gear in Mexico D.F. was not impressive. There were a few federal police at the airport who looked highly professional.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci View Post
    Right side safety looks incredibly dainty to me for a duty pistol

That's what I thought. I don't see why a well executed safety could not be given as an option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Are there elements of the police there that are squared away, or is corruption pervasive?

The way the cops carried their gear in Mexico D.F. was not impressive. There were a few federal police at the airport who looked highly professional.
    Some guys are well trained and professional, most don't. And even with good training, the elite units don't have the funds to train on a regular basis.

Corruption is pervasive at all levels, but specially at the higher ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Given the popularity of the carry sized pistols from Sig there is definitely a market for this gun. Id pick one up in black. Not sure that I would want the safety but that is another hole in Glock's offerings and would serve as a meaningful expansion of their line.

With the lull in the market we are more likely to see these offerings as Glock needs to do more than simply make more Glock 19 pistols. I think we will see the FBI and the would have been Army guns in time.

Also of note is that a lot of people speculated that the "new" 2 pin design of the 17M/19M would limit the design to 9mm. Glock seems to feel otherwise as their 23MHS is of the same 2 pin design and the M guns.
    Last word I had from a Glock rep was that the FBI M model would never be released in its current form to the public. Blue Label may see it in 2018. I agree that Glock needs to do more. However, when has Glock ever given the consumer exactly what they want?

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    Last word I had from a Glock rep was that the FBI M model would never be released in its current form to the public. Blue Label may see it in 2018. I agree that Glock needs to do more. However, when has Glock ever given the consumer exactly what they want?

Mike
    Considering that GSSF members qualify for one Blue label gun a year I don't think that there is much distinction. Joe public can still buy them, they just need to buy a membership into a club. It would be like saying that CMP Garands are not available to the public. Those that want them will seek them out and eventually glock will likely ship them out with red and white stickers to sell to customers that see it as too much of an inconvenience.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 06-28-2017 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    JSGlock34, That is interesting. I didn't have an opportunity to read the entire GOA report. Shame that so much was redacted. I would like to see how these feel in the hand. I prefer the grip hum profile on my 17 pistols to my 19 pistols. I never really tried to imagine what the addition of a safety might do to the ergonomics.
    There are a bunch of redactions, but still some nuggets. Make what you will of this as both pistols were rated 'Outstanding' for Initial Reliability...

13 Under the factor 1 reliability evaluation, Sig Sauer’s full-sized handgun had a higher stoppage rate than Glock’s handgun, and there may have been other problems with the weapon’s accuracy. AR, Tab 3, SSDD, at 12. Due to the Army’s redactions of the agency report, the results of Sig Sauer’s compact handgun test are unknown.

Granted this is pistol-forum.com and not ammunition-contracts-forum.com, so we focus on the handgun, but the SIG submission for ammunition was consistently related 'Outstanding' compared to Glock's ratings of 'Good' and 'Marginal'. Considering that this contract was not just for the pistol, but accompanying accessories and ammunition, the merits of the pistol are only one part of the contest.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Glock should just make a "tween" model between the G17 and G19, and then one between G26 and G19. Reduce 4 models to 2. There ya go!

I like the full grip short frame. I would love to see a G19 with 26 upper. I like a full grip, less fumbling, easier to grasp under pressure.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    How SIG is going to build m17's at a little over 200 bucks a pop is beyond me.
    DHS, Coast Guard, ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
    DHS, Coast Guard, ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Economies of scale. Also chassis striker fired guns are cheaper to manufacture than traditional striker fired guns where the frame is the serialized part (ala Glock). Striker guns such as Glocks are cheaper to manufacture than alloy/steel framed guns. Simple economics. Sig Sauer can knock the cost wayyyyy down when they have orders for literally millions of handguns. Gun companies are in the business that make money. I can guarantee a healthy profit margin was still built into their MHS Proposal.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MAP View Post
    However, when has Glock ever given the consumer exactly what they want?

Mike
    When they first brought out the G19?

User Tag List