Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock MHS Entry Pistols

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I will not purchase a pistol with training wheels. (manual safety)
    That's cute.

While I am sure it will sell, I will not purchase a pistol with training wheels. (manual safety)
    No one is forcing you to make it a carry gun. The manual safety is not a big deal on a range/field gun

Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    No one is forcing you to make it a carry gun. The manual safety is not a big deal on a range/field gun
    It's pointless on this particular pistol.

Unless of course people want training wheels when they are adults...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It's pointless on this particular pistol.
    It was designed by parameters the Army set. The Army has lots of dumb$%^&'s in it. Some need a manual safety.

I don't mind thumb safeties. Train with it if it's on your gun.. if it's not on your gun same applies..

Vending Machine Operator
    I'm betting there are shooters better than any of us who prefer a manual safety. It's a preference, not an indicator of skill level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I'm betting there are shooters better than any of us who prefer a manual safety. It's a preference, not an indicator of skill level.

I was about to get all snarky but decided against it...quoted the above for truth.
    Shoot more, post less...

In comparing the features of the MHS to the new GEN5/M guns, I'm just not finding the MHS entry nearly as compelling. I'm not sure what is driving the mag well design on the MHS gun (but I much prefer the flared magwell on the GEN5/M), and while I'm certainly not against a well designed manual safety option, the implementation on the MHS looks wanting (and was criticized during the military testing). Still, it's nice to see Glock making these guns available to the public.

I'll be curious to see if the ability to mount a G19 slide on a G17 frame appears elsewhere in the lineup.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I may be remebering this wrong, but I remember an SME saying that manual safety on duty guns have saved officer lives in the past when a suspect took their gun and was unable to fire do to a lack of familiarity.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post

Well, Ernest Langdon for 1.

User Tag List