Thread: Glock Grip Difference Between Gen2 & Gen3?

Glock Grip Difference Between Gen2 & Gen3?

Went shooting yesterday with my G19 Gen2 and a G17 Gen3 in which I sanded smooth the finger grooves with 600 grit Emory cloth (I took a file to it first to take out the lumps). I was careful to remove only the finger grooves and if you look at it sideways, the surface where the finger grooves were is slightly above the surface of the Tetris-block checkering, so I am fairly sure I didn't remove frame material.

That said, shooting the G17 felt slimmer in my hand than the G19. Is the Gen2 grip thicker front-to-back than the Gen3?

All that aside, I will say I'm really looking forward to the 17M/19M!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Went shooting yesterday with my G19 Gen2 and a G17 Gen3 in which I sanded smooth the finger grooves with 600 grit Emory cloth (I took a file to it first to take out the lumps). I was careful to remove only the finger grooves and if you look at it sideways, the surface where the finger grooves were is slightly above the surface of the Tetris-block checkering, so I am fairly sure I didn't remove frame material.

That said, shooting the G17 felt slimmer in my hand than the G19. Is the Gen2 grip thicker front-to-back than the Gen3?

All that aside, I will say I'm really looking forward to the 17M/19M!
    No. Gen 1 through Gen 3 are all the same grip dimensions. The difference you're feeling is the hump placement between G17 and G19.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Some of the older Gen3s were a little thinner. I have one here and it's kinda noticeable if you hold it and a new one at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    No. Gen 1 through Gen 3 are all the same grip dimensions. The difference you're feeling is the hump placement between G17 and G19.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy
    This is going to be the biggest difference. The hump on the 19 begins much higher on the grip so it feels larger. It is part of the reason some people prefer the Glock 17 with a grip cut down to take 19 mags to the factory Glock 19.

User Tag List