Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt Combat Unit 9mm: Review and Initial Impression

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    Sensei, did you happen to get a photo of the extractor? I'm a little curious to see it. Your experience sounds very similar to my experience with a $300 Norinco 9MM. When I pulled the extractor after the 10-8 test I noticed it had a 45 extractor in the gun.

I ended up buying an Aftec extractor for it but that caused over tensioning on the case and I had the same issues you had.
    That possibility had crossed my mind. Here is mine:

Name:  IMG_2683.jpg
Views: 1283
Size:  71.5 KB
    Name:  IMG_2684.jpg
Views: 1277
Size:  50.1 KB
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    In a separate thread (linked in #26 above) I described my latest findings with using the 9mm ETMs. The small profile aluminum basepads prevent the top round from impacting the ejector -- at least in my guns.

It seems replacing the ejector with the .38 Super version has become Colt's standard fix for this issue.
    So all this made me curious about my Colt .38 super. The ejector in my super is stock and the pistol was bought new in late 2012. It in no way comes close to my Wilson ETM's or Tripp magazines when inserted. The extractor passes the tension test with empty cases and Azoom aluminum dummy rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    That possibility had crossed my mind. Here is mine:
    Thanks for the pic. Looks like they have the right one in there. I hope they fix the issue for you.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    This thread oddly makes me want a Sig 226 SAO...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

It's on its way back to Colt...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

It oddly makes me want a Colt 1911 in .45. Something may (probably is) wrong with me.

Site Supporter
    I'm a fairly huge fan of the 5" 1911 as a .45 launcher and the Commander as a 9mm launcher. A government model 9mm is stupid easy to shoot due to light recoil.

But that light recoil comes at a cost...you need enough ass to cycle the slide. You need to consider the weight of the recoil springs, but also the mainspring.

I highly recommend the Weigand extractor tension gauge sets. Having a defined number>having a cartridge hold up when you wiggle the slide or whatever.

I think every 1911 owner needs to know how to dress and tweak an extractor. With that being said, the way you tune extractors varies per caliber.

I've (so far) stuck with the 45s. A man's got to know his limitations.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post

I had one, loved it but due to some hard times had to sell it. Accurate and reliable but it took some getting used to the blocky slide on top. Another reason to like it was that the safety prevented my thumb from acting on the slide catch to hold it down and thus not lock open the slide after the last shot.
    I have a pre-b CZ 75 converted to SAO that is also quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    It will be awhile. I broke the slide stop pin on my Wiley Clapp Government in August 2016. Sent the gun back the beginning of September, got it back the end of January 2017.
    The RMA that Colt sent said to allow 7-10 days for them to evaluate the pistol. Today was the 10th day so I called their customer service number for an update. The rep said that it is not even showing as accepted in their system yet. It supposedly takes a couple weeks to log packages as received with the 4th Holiday, and I'm supposed to call back in a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I saved the tracking number...signed by J Santos...:roll eyes:

User Tag List