Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATEI Stipple Jobs - Photos of the different levels?

ATEI Stipple Jobs - Photos of the different levels?

ATEI offers 5 different types of stipple jobs (with "360 stipple medium" repeated twice).

I cannot find any pictures of what the "levels" of stippling entrails. Does anyone have a link or maybe pictures of their stipple jobs?

Thanks!
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

I'm interested too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't got a complete list of their stipple levels, but apparently their new "A9" has the 360 medium stipple:

http://ateiguns.com/product/atei-a9-g19-gen-4/

I find it absurd bringing a Glock up to $1,400.00 value.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    Some guys are in to that. For a machined factory slide, it's getting kind of out there in my opinion. But, if people will pay it, good for them. It's an awesome profit margin.

Emailed them asking about their stippling and also asking if they stipple all the additional backstraps on the A9 (as the picture showed the backstraps left plain.

On the different grades of stippling:

Carry texture- Can be carried against the skin comfortably without irritation but still has texture enough to keep a good grip. Modified Carry means, Medium texture on the side facing out and Carry texture on the side of the frame that would be against your body.

Medium texture- Can be carried against the skin, but may have irritations and redness because it is a little more coarse than the Carry texture. Does not have a real abrasive texture, but is slightly more coarse than the Carry texture.

Aggressive texture- A very abrasive or coarse texture. Not intended to carry concealed against your skin. (You'll need a skin graft if you try it!)
    On the interchangeable backstraps:

None of the interchangeable back straps are stippled, but they could be if requested for an additional cost. The stippling is done in a medium texture.

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor
    Agreed, especially since they don't bother to stipple all the backstraps!

Quote Originally Posted by ca survivor View Post
    I'm the same way with pretty much any handgun. It's a tool, and we all know what usually happens if you need to use it for it's intended purpose.

My bolt guns though? Oh I get carried away with them....

That stippling looks kinda amateurish. It's been a few years since I had anything stippled, but Cold Bore Customs, Taran Tactical and Robar did better jobs for as much or less.

Aggressive texture- A very abrasive or coarse texture. Not intended to carry concealed against your skin. (You'll need a skin graft if you try it!)
    This is complete bull shit.

I carry my "Aggressive Texture" every day against my skin. Its worse than my stock Gen 3s but its nothing compared to a RTF2 or skateboard tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Xhado View Post
    This is complete bull shit.

I carry my "Aggressive Texture" every day against my skin. Its worse than my stock Gen 3s but its nothing compared to a RTF2 or skateboard tape.
    http://i.imgur.com/T39m4Zrh.jpg
    That's an ATEI "aggressive level" stipple job? Looks the same as the medium on the A9 I posted.

User Tag List