Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original K-38 Grips

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    If that one was made in the 1950s, somebody has done lots of changing to it. The red ramp, TH and TT are not period correct and the bluing looks a little bright for that time frame, too. What's the SN?
    K1589XX

The bluing looks shiny because I put some wax on it. The gun is tight as a drum and Im not into it for much money.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Target trigger, target hammer, and what looks to me like a yellow front ramp (available on special order) imply target stocks as bushytale said. No way to know but a factory letter.
    Yes its a yellow sight and on the sights base there are two pins. The frame is a 5 screw.

I remember the time they sold off a S&W exec's personal guns. He had special ordered a lot of guns, all with yellow ramps.

The collectors can say what the "proud pins" holding the front sight signify, and of course the five screw frame is a mark of The Good Old Days.

This one might be worth the $75 for a letter.
    http://www.swhistoricalfoundation.co...quest_form.pdf
    Code Name: JET STREAM

I sent a request to the historical foundation along with $75, it should be interesting to find out what they say.

The letter states the gun was shipped from S&W 07/13/53. Shipped to Charles Greenblatt Co in NY city. The letter stated the gun shipped with a 4 inch barrel, ramp style front sight, blue finish and checkered walnut grips.The front sight was modified after the gun was shipped. The wholesale price of the gun was $43.66

The letter didn’t say whether the grips were magna or target?

Bummer about the FS.

How about some pics in its new, proper britches?

User Tag List