Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Speer Lawman Vs. Blazer Brass

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    My understanding is that is the point of the Lawman line - to give organizations a training round that will have the same recoil impulse as their duty load does.

Lawman is probably my favorite training load, but usually I go for the cheaper options as I don't feel the need for 100% of the impulse as that important to me.

I have also shot a great deal of Blazer Brass ammo. One thing I have noticed about it, versus other budget loads, is that it is not clean to the point where there is some of the powder that forms a grit. When I practice my retention drills at 1 yard, I notice quite a bit of "peppering" around the bullet hole in addition to the little swirl around the hole. Lawman, as well as most other training loads are much cleaner.
    $183/1,000

http://www.sgammo.com/product/speer-...53616-or-53651

Sent from my iPhone
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Thanks - that is a great price!

Sadly I am no longer able to order from SGAMMO. I no longer enjoy the basic freedom of interstate commerce.

I had to place my orders a few years ago and now running though my stockpile.......
    Last edited by Suvorov; 10-21-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Speer Lawman is our training ammunition. It runs great. We have used Blazer in the past. No real issues with it other than it’s dirty. I prefer the Lawman.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    When deciding what ammo to use, these are my results:

Gun barrel Mfg Weight Ave fps PF Ft Lbs
    Walther 4 Fiocchi 115 1151 132 339
    Walther 4 Lawman 115 1247 143 397
    Walther 4 Lawman 124 1090 135 327
    Walther 4 Fiocchi 124 1128 140 350
    Walther 4 BBrass 124 1095 136 330
    Walther 4 Lawman 147 1003 147 328
    Walther 5 Fiocchi 115 1203 138 369
    Walther 5 Lawman 115 1311 151 439
    Walther 5 Lawman 124 1116 138 343
    Walther 5 BBrass 124 1148 142 363
    Walther 5 Fiocchi 124 1202 149 398
    Walther 5 Lawman 147 1054 155 362

The Lawman 115 was really old stock and I could really feel the difference.

As for PF, that doesn't seem to be as important as Ft. Lbs. as far as felt recoil. I found that the lowest Ft. Lbs correlated to less recoil, PF be damned.

[If there is a way to copy and paste spreadsheet data so it looks right, I would like to know. ]
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

I’ve always avoided Blazer Brass as I understood it to be made with plated bullets. The plating can come off affecting accuracy as well as leaving material in your barrel. In fact Mr Dobbs suggested it’s a possibility in this thread about a bulged barrel.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post941105

Hammertime
    I don’t know. The last lots of 147 Blazer Brass versus Lawman I had just going by the outside finish of the cartridge, the Blazer seemed way higher quality. The Lawman was so grungy it made me want to quit buying it. I know the cover isn’t the book.

Thanks to those who posted the chrono data.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    [If there is a way to copy and paste spreadsheet data so it looks right, I would like to know. ]
    table="width: 500"
    [tr]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [/tr]
    /table

The "table" button is your friend.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by OlongJohnson View Post
    table="width: 500"
    [tr]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [td][/td]
    [/tr]
    /table

The "table" button is your friend.
    Saw that, but still don't know how to paste a table in that setup. Are there instructions somewhere? Or do I have to paste cell by cell, row by row, column by column? Confused.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I don’t know. The last lots of 147 Blazer Brass versus Lawman I had just going by the outside finish of the cartridge, the Blazer seemed way higher quality. The Lawman was so grungy it made me want to quit buying it. I know the cover isn’t the book.

Thanks to those who posted the chrono data.
    When I compared 124 BBrass with 124 Lawman I felt that the Lawman had the better bullet. I pulled the bullets out to confirm total metal jackets, even though BBrass is stated at full metal jacket. I'm now using the Lawman exclusively.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart Carter View Post
    Saw that, but still don't know how to paste a table in that setup. Are there instructions somewhere? Or do I have to paste cell by cell, row by row, column by column? Confused.
    Yeah, it's pretty manual. If you're handy with Excel, you can kinda hack it a little and make it more efficient. Like figure out the code, paste it into your Excel doc, and then save as text, verifying the VBulletin code is what you want before pasting it into your post.
    -----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

User Tag List