Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Speer Lawman Vs. Blazer Brass

Speer Lawman Vs. Blazer Brass

I went to the range last night, and ended up with 5 rounds left on a box of 9mm, 115gr, Blazer Brass, so I put them in the mag, and the topped it off with 115gr Lawman. I really noticed the difference in power on the first 10 shots, then the first round of that BB went off, and the recoil dropped off dramatically!

If anyone doubts that the Lawman rounds are hotter, just load half of a mag with BB, AE, or whatever, and the other half with Lawman...you'll feel the difference!

I know this is nothing new to most, it was just an observation.

Yep. Lawman is pretty stout stuff. 124 Lawman in my 43 almost a handful, it feels hotter than NATO.

I really like the accuracy I've been getting with the 147gr rounds out of my Glocks.

(While I've shot quite a bit of Blazer I can't say I'm a big fan versus equivalent offerings.)
    Last edited by blues; 06-24-2017 at 11:37 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

My experience suggests Lawman is equivalent power and accuracy to duty ammo, but loaded with ball at lower cost. Blazer brass is economy ammo and substantially less accurate for me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I really like the accuracy I've been getting with the 147gr rounds out of my Glocks.
    147 Lawman has printed great groups for me at 25 yards in Gen 4 Glocks.

ETA:. 124 has performed the worst for me accuracy wise. 147 has been most consistent. 115 has been just "fine". This is in Gen4 19s and 34.
    Last edited by littlejerry; 06-24-2017 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    147 Lawman has printed great groups for me at 25 yards in Gen 4 Glocks.

ETA:. 124 has performed the worst for me accuracy wise. 147 has been most consistent. 115 has been just "fine". This is in Gen4 19s and 34.
    Interesting, because I have noticed Lawman shooting exceptionally well in Gen 3 Glock 17 pistols, out to 100 yards, and less accurately in a few Gen 4 19 pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

So which flavor(s) would people recommend, from experience please, with Beretta 92 and H&K P30. There seems to be several different part numbers under the same grain.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Interesting, because I have noticed Lawman shooting exceptionally well in Gen 3 Glock 17 pistols, out to 100 yards, and less accurately in a few Gen 4 19 pistols.
    Strange. My Gen4 guns are 2010-2012 vintage and my gen 3 is a 2008 Austrian import. My accuracy work is limited to 25 yards.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    So which flavor(s) would people recommend, from experience please, with Beretta 92 and H&K P30. There seems to be several different part numbers under the same grain.
    Winchester 147 fmj of several different varieties shoots very well for me. My Wilson 92 did 1" with one and 1.25 to 1.5" with a couple of other Win loads. Winchester has subsonic SU, 3 gun BEB and Training W9mmT plus some FBI loads are out there. They are all worth trying. Another couple of heavier loads worth trying are the American Eagle 147 FMJFP and the S&B 140 subsonic. Speer Lawman 147 I've tested is the 53620 load. It does ok, but I've had more consistent accuracy across different guns with the Winchester ones.

The most consistently accurate 124 grain practice ammo for me has been Aguila FMJ.
    Last edited by LtDave; 06-24-2017 at 03:19 PM.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

sorry. I was specifically referring to the Lawman ammo.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List