Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suppressing 40 S&W do it or stick to 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Anyone here regularly shoot suppressed centerfire pistol?
    Several times a week I may shoot my P30 v1 and Octane 9. Pure fun, and stupid accurate. I typically shoot pop cans or bowling pins at 50 yds, but even that gets old quickly. I still need to get an RCM barrel for my USP9c.
    Taking a break from social media.

My one dedicated pistol can is a Surefire Ryder 9 and I was upset when they did not bring out a HK 3 lug mount for it. I have a 5.5 inch barredled AR-9 that I am usin a SiCo Hybrid on but with ASR mount it's 18 ounces. Not has heavy as my Gemtech G5 but it throws off the balance. My reasoning for another pistol can is one that has a HK mount that I can use on and off that AR-9 and other pistol carbines. With the new Surefire fixed barrel mount I can have an AR l built for an AR9 lower I have and have a dedicated lower for a MP5SD type setup.

Was thinking of a 45 can because then I can have options but the Tirant 9m looks ideal follower by the Rugged Obsesian and the the new Lunar-45 from gemtech.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    Even a magazine fired without ear pro doesn't cause the same damage that's done over time by poor industrial hygiene as it pertains to hearing protection.
    This is not to argue but rather to provide another perspective based on experience. There were probably multiple factors that led to my hearing damage but it was exposure to a few rounds fired from a .44 Special revolver (outdoors) that caused my tinnitus and most of the hearing loss in my left ear. I think I already had some damage due to other less dramatic causes over time, so it's quite possible that if a person with healthy ears were to fire a full magazine non-suppressed it would not cause severe hearing damage. Then again it might.

That said, I don't have suppressors on my pistols. I do keep electronic earpro near my HD guns. I also sometimes wear hearing aids that protect my ears when carrying. But not always.

There is nothing to argue. Shooting without ear pro isn't good for your hearing. If that is used as the justification for having a suppressed weapon, or keeping ear muffs by their bed, who am I to talk anyone out of it? Everyone has their own reasoning and beliefs as to how their shooting situation will play out. The only thing I can guarantee is that I won't be there, so how someone chooses to prepare for it is none of my business.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

User Tag List