Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Two grails

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post
    Both of those are very cool, especially the ASP conversion.... my jealousy once again expands.
    Hopefully, Recoil/Concealment doesn't do an article on the ASP.44......;-).
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am dipping my toe back in gently here. Life has been much better minus Internet forums and associated drama. We ll see if it lasts.

With that said. The plan is for a book. Working through some major life changes at home. When that is done, I plan on devoting some serious effort into a book on American Fighting Revolvers. The other option is with some digital media that has reached out to me that may involve small single articles on certain guns or series of them.

I hear ya. Life got a bit complicated on this end too. It gets to the point where social media drama just takes its toll.

I come here to have a keyboard chat with friends whom Ive never met.

...and live vicariously thru Dagga's revolver collection of course.

Hopefully, Recoil/Concealment doesn't do an article on the ASP.44......;-).
    HA!!!
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by w provence View Post
    Who out there could do a 44 spl in a speed 6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet Hamilton Bowen would do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Peart View Post
    Bet Hamilton Bowen would do it for you.
    I have several Bowen guns....it would be way more money than you ever want to spend. With that said, I have a S&W 296 I have carried the crap out of that Bowen did.....it is everything I wanted the .44 ASP to be. It would be a better route to go practically.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I have several Bowen guns....it would be way more money than you ever want to spend. With that said, I have a S&W 296 I have carried the crap out of that Bowen did.....it is everything I wanted the .44 ASP to be. It would be a better route to go practically.
    Pics please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

It *may* take Casanova a few days w/ those pics, word I got is he's headed to SoCal this wknd, got that heat thing going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    It *may* take Casanova a few days w/ those pics, word I got is he's headed to SoCal this wknd, got that heat thing going on.
    It's called "priorities"....;-)

I very nearly bought a 296 back in the day. My wife bought the .38 counterpart, the Model 242, if I recall the nomenclature correctly. She still has it, or perhaps her sister has it now. They call it the "Buffalo Gun," or "Hunchback," due to the shroud covering the concealed hammer.

User Tag List