Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Two grails

Ah, yes 5 shot... found one:

Name:  44.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  34.3 KB

Fascinating revolvers. I'd love to see the others that go with it, especially the SIS-marked guns.

But mostly, welcome back.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I am dipping my toe back in gently here. Life has been much better minus Internet forums and associated drama. We ll see if it lasts.

With that said. The plan is for a book. Working through some major life changes at home. When that is done, I plan on devoting some serious effort into a book on American Fighting Revolvers. The other option is with some digital media that has reached out to me that may involve small single articles on certain guns or series of them.
    That's great to hear. I will say about drama, based on my own usage it appears that the ignore list feature is unlimited.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

When that is done, I plan on devoting some serious effort into a book on American Fighting Revolvers.
    Welcome back. Write that book, please.

Glad you're back DB. Your posts on fighting with guns are always gold. I hope you stick around. I've learned a lot from you.

Congrats on getting two more of your grails. I'm another person who would happily pay for your fighting revolver book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

With that said. The plan is for a book. Working through some major life changes at home. When that is done, I plan on devoting some serious effort into a book on American Fighting Revolvers. The other option is with some digital media that has reached out to me that may involve small single articles on certain guns or series of them.
    I am pretty sure I am not alone in wanting to learn more about double action revolver history and their use by real gunfighters. I think you can expect a lot of demand for that book or articles. Heck, I'd buy a book solely for the photos and details you've already posted about LAPD revolvers.

I never knew SIS & SWAT/Metro at one time carried 6 inch 38's. I wonder what the attraction was to the long barrel. Was it improved accuracy due to the longer sight radius? Increased velocity? Dual purpose impact device?
    Ordinary guy

Beautiful wheel guns and welcome back!

Welcome back, always good to hear from you. I am still grateful for the massive amount of information on HK in general and USP 45 in particular that you gifted me with at Tac Con 2016. Thanks again.

Site Supporter
    Please do a book

Site Supporter
    Awesome! I would absolutely be into a book of the fighting revolver by Darryl Bolke...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List