Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looky what I scored today

Looky what I scored today

Bought at 40% off at the local Gander Mountain, which is closing:

Name:  HornadyLNL.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  37.8 KB

I've got a perfectly fine LCT and I had been coveting the Dillon 550b but for $269 it was too good to pass up...

Congratulations. It makes your feet look small
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by ER_STL View Post
    $269 it was too good to pass up...

That is an absolutely smoking deal. Like any other press, it has a few foibles, but all in all, I've been quite happy with mine. I may have to swing through my local Gander again and see if they've got the case feeder for it. I didn't even think to look for that last time I was in, and at 40% off, while it would still be an expensive addition, it'd also be a bargain.

I'm stuck now on what dies to use. I've had no issues with the 4-die set from Lee for my LCT and I considered just moving them and the powder hopper over and calling it a day but the hopper that the LnL has just seems too nice to waste. I did add a powder-check die as well (plus a digital scale and a few G17 mags). I had read mixed reviews on Hornady's titanium-nitride-whatever 3-die set so I didn't pick one up.
    Last edited by ER_STL; 06-22-2017 at 07:43 PM.

If you're happy with your Lee dies, they should work fine with the Hornady press. Mine's got RCBS dies in it. (I had them before I got the press.) That said, I like the lock ring on my Hornady Powder Cop die so much better than the RCBS lock rings that I kind of wish all of my dies were Hornady just for that reason. Also, the Hornady powder measure is quite nice; no reason not to use it.

Funny, Gander Mountain is closing by me as well, and their going out of business sale means everything is finally MSRP
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Funny, Gander Mountain is closing by me as well, and their going out of business sale means everything is finally MSRP
    Likewise were I am. They have factory Glock 19 mags for $42! I almost laughed out loud.

They had a big banner "GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE" with other signs that said "UP TO 20% OFF!". Wow 20%.
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-23-2017 at 09:30 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    I've read comments like these before, so I know it's fact - where you are. Our local Gander Mountain just closed, but I can tell you that their prices were always as good or better than everyone else in the area. I'm gonna miss them, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Heh....that's the case for this particular store as well. Firearms are currently at 20% off which puts the current prices inline with the more competitive stores in the area. 40% off of all of the other gun accessories is putting a lot of great stuff in great prices...

The two mags I bought are the PMags version of the Glock 17 OEM mags. At 40% off the price ended up being $12/mag which if I remember correctly was about what they were going for online.

I think they drop the prices weekly so sooner or later their gun inventory will clear out. I'd pick up another Glock at say 30% or 40% off but the 19s and 17s appear to be gone already.

I would have jumped all over that, my Dillon 650 be damned. Let us know how it runs.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 06-24-2017 at 10:41 PM.
    #RESIST

User Tag List