Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passion of the Gun: Pizza Guns Are Calling My Name!

CZ over Beretta for DA/SA - lots of options and price points and can be incrementally taken as far as you want to go.

See Cajun Gun Works.

Glock far more economical/ubiquitous but Glock. If you are cash strapped it may be an adventure for later in life.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    I feel like I need to see a shrink over this, cuz dammit I just want one, but again money is tight.
    Trade the unwanted Glock for therapy. Despite all the "stick with one gun" seriousness, it's OK to want or buy something different...just because. You don't need to justify it to yourself or anyone else. It's still 'Merica, after all.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    A couple years back I did some experimenting with a M9A1. I installed a D spring, a metal guide rod and a metal trigger. It was a very good shooting pistol. The reason I decided not to keep it was my thumb is just not long enough to manipulate the safety. I was always decocking and then moving the safety back to the Off position with my left thumb. It was actually easier and quicker for me to decock by lowering the hammer with my right thumb. A G model style decocker probably would have helped. Overall I liked the M9A1 a lot though. I always thought the 92G-SD would be a sweet gun to own/use.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtuosity Student View Post
    I have been pretty dedicated to Glocks for the last couple of years and have taken several local training classes with them. I am no tier one shooter but I feel confident in my "combat accuracy" and ability to get hits on target. However, after reading 'The Passion of the Gun' and with all of the Beretta love circulating around here lately, I really have been considering letting go of one of my G17s (I have a Gen3 and a Gen4 along with a Gen4 34; I much prefer the texture and ergos of the Gen4) and giving the DA/SA Pizza gun a go.

I currently have two potential trade offers on the table and I am really trying to resist as in my heart I know I should stick to my Glock 17's. Money is tight and training/classes anytime in the foreseeable future is virtually nonexistent. This makes me trepidatious about getting a new platform and not being able to adequately train with it.

I am also aware that with both options I have before me, the sights options are limited to are what comes on the gun. (One is a 92 compact two-tone with a rail and 6 mags; the other is a M9A1 with 9 mags and holster).

Given this possible dichotomy, what other considerations might I need to consider? I feel like I need to see a shrink over this, cuz dammit I just want one, but again money is tight.
    Do you carry concealed, or just home defense/training?

Assuming ones shooting bad people in the face, gun needs are met. Life is too short to only own guns based on pure practicality. Get the new toy and enjoy a gun that you like. You've got your plastic people popper(tm Tam) needs covered by the looks of things. I also take the slightly contrarian view that shooting different guns makes you shoot guns in general better.
    Last edited by BigT; 06-22-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    It was actually easier and quicker for me to decock by lowering the hammer with my right thumb.
    OP, if you get a Beretta, don't ever do this.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    CZ over Beretta for DA/SA - lots of options and price points and can be incrementally taken as far as you want to go.

See Cajun Gun Works.
    I think that's a personal preference type argument
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    Yeah, that's not cool. The issue of whether you can manipulate controls is a great reason to rent before buying.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Yeah, that's not cool. The issue of whether you can manipulate controls is a great reason to rent before buying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I saw an otherwise experienced NCO put a round between the legs of another Marine stupidly doing that. Thank god it was on the range and no one was hurt. There is no logical reason to manually decock a Beretta and it needlessly introduces the potential for an ND. Use the safety features on your pistol, the other people on the range will thank you for it.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I saw an otherwise experienced NCO put a round between the legs of another Marine stupidly doing that.
    That had to be exciting in a "clean your shorts" kind of way.

User Tag List