Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Passion of the Gun: Pizza Guns Are Calling My Name!

It seems to me like a reasonable trade that will "scratch the itch" so to speak. But, there is nothing wrong with shooting the Beretta just because you enjoy shooting it or shooting something different. In other words, you don't have to train with it/take classes/etc. until you can match your level of performance with the Glock. Unless of course you just want to.

I really enjoy shooting my P226 and every few months after a range trip or dry fire session with it I'll think, "you should start carrying the P226 again. If you spent more focused time practicing with it your performance will probably be better than with the G19." Then I pull my my holster for it and put it on and after a bit I remember that it is heavier than my G19. It requires more thought on clothing choices for concealment than my G19. And then I remember why I carry the G19 and the P226 goes back in the safe.

You might find the same when you try the Beretta but you'll probably still enjoy shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Well, the DA/SA transition isn't all that difficult. I adapted to it in a 50 round box of ammo and two weeks of dry fire. Working a smooth, continuous trigger press is always of benefit though and a DA/SA certainly demands that.
    I was just pointing out that there didn't seem to be a downside to the trade given his desires. I'm a hammer guy myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    why
    # of options for out-of-the box configs, # of aftermarket parts, upgrades from simple to top-of the line competition, availability of used stock/upgraded guns.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List