Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms

Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms

Teachers are being trained to carry guns in classrooms in Colorado in order to protect children as part of a scheme motivated by a school massacre in 2012.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40353408

Cool. I'm going to look into donating to FASTER. I'm sure they can use more funds to increase their training options.

http://cocivilliberties.org/faster/
    Last edited by Irelander; 06-21-2017 at 08:44 AM.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Good! Police are largely irrelevant during these incidents. The only adults in the area are going to be staff, and they need to take responsibility for their building.
    Last edited by Peally; 06-21-2017 at 08:54 AM.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

This reminds me that the private school that I went to and we are planning to send our daughter to was considering allowing teachers to carry a CCW if they went through some proper training. I need to check on that.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Site Supporter
    It's about time

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Weld Co. isn't far from where I live. I looked into a reserve deputy position with their SO. Good to see some parts of CO doing sensible things with firearms. If only Denver/Boulder would get with the program...

Site Supporter
    Fighting violence with violence is bad.
    What if the teacher shoots an innocent. Even if saving 30, it's better not to shoot an innocent.
    What if a bad kid gets the teacher's gun when the teacher leave it next to the apple on the table.
    What if the arriving law think the teacher is the shooter and hoses the teacher
    It is better to call the police and wait for help in the bathroom stall. Given it takes 4 minutes at best for a response and you can shoot 30 kids in a minute, the toll is not that bad as compared to promoting gun ownership and violence in society.

0H - wait, I'm the prof who told the college president he was full of it on campus carry. I also told the Faculty Senate and had the chair storm off in anger across the street. Also, I went to Austin to testify for campus carry and got on San Antonio and Austin TV and the Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, and Austin papers. Funny, the school PR folks usually make a deal of faculty testimony and TV - but guess what - not I! Hah!

Site Supporter
    Weld County... very far north. Practically in Wyoming.

Sigh. I hate snow. But I might contemplate moving there.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Fighting violence with violence is bad.
    What if a bad kid gets the teacher's gun when the teacher leave it next to the apple on the table.
    LOL! then I think... someone, somewhere actually made that argument.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    Good! Police are largely irrelevant during these incidents. The only adults in the area are going to be staff, and they need to take responsibility for their building.
    Police are almost invariably irrelevant during any violent attack. These 'walk around attacking everyone' situations perhaps endure long enough for the Police to arrive and add the attacker(s) to the death toll, but it seems that suicide was the ultimate goal ending anyway whether by self or cop. At least the goal achievement process may be expedited -- if the carrier will actually shoot.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List