Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colorado to arm teachers in classrooms

Thanks to Colorado’s concealed carry laws, some Colorado teachers are taking part in a training course that will allow them to carry firearms into the classroom to protect students, according to KRDO-TV.

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06...chool-grounds/

Site Supporter
    I pointed that the large lecture classrooms were set up so an active shooter could have an relatively uninterrupted shooting gallery of 30 to 60 people. You couldn't get to the shooter unless you had the powers of Spiderman. You couldn't throw your lap and phone at the shooter. If the campus police got to the stair cases up to the lecture room (add minutes to do that from the station across campus), it would take 40 seconds to run up the 4 flights if you were in good shape (ahem).

In that time, the first 30 are dead. So what did that argument imply - oh, you are just a nut to think about such.

Site Supporter
    Texas school district superintendents have had the authority to allow guns on campuses for years. Only a few have taken advantage of the opportunity. One district is in an outer suburb (25 minutes) of Fort Worth.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2014/08/2...orce-necessary

Seven states - Texas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Tennessee and Alabama - have passed legislation to make it legal for teachers to carry a gun following the Dec. 2012 Sandy Hook shooting.

Greg Coker, creator of the Shield 91 program that helps schools effectively arm teachers, talked to Brian Kilmeade this morning, explaining the process by which armed teachers are chosen.
    http://shield91.com/
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

I hope this idea spreads to more of Colorado. I know some Sheriffs out on the Western Slope were talking about deputizing teachers, so that they would be LEOs (and thus allowed to carry in K-12 schools). So far, I haven't seen any serious action on that part. This Weld County business is about as close as I've seen.

As for Denver/Boulder - yeah, right. Both are so stinkin' liberal is makes my head hurt just being this close to either.

Outstanding. Wish I could have my gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Fighting violence with violence is bad.
    What if the teacher shoots an innocent. Even if saving 30, it's better not to shoot an innocent.
    What if a bad kid gets the teacher's gun when the teacher leave it next to the apple on the table.
    What if the arriving law think the teacher is the shooter and hoses the teacher
    It is better to call the police and wait for help in the bathroom stall. Given it takes 4 minutes at best for a response and you can shoot 30 kids in a minute, the toll is not that bad as compared to promoting gun ownership and violence in society.

You forgot:

User Tag List