Thread: Wilson Combat TTU triggers

Wilson Combat TTU triggers

Now that my AR accuracy issue has been fixed I'm pondering replacing the trigger with a TTU. A lot of people around here swear by the Geissele triggers but I usually try something different...because reasons.

Does anyone on PF use the TTU?

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger-Units/products/258/

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    Now that my AR accuracy issue has been fixed I'm pondering replacing the trigger with a TTU. A lot of people around here swear by the Geissele triggers but I usually try something different...because reasons.

No TTU experience here.

Been a long time fan of the LMT 2-stage, more so than the Giesseles I've owned. Less money to boot.

LMT was best bang for buck by far until I bought a LaRue MBT 2-stage. The LaRue is sometimes under $100 on LaRue sale days. Even at same money I'll go with another MBT.

TTU = Trigger Tits Up.

Probably not really, but I thought it was funny. I own, use, and have installed literally hundreds of Geissele triggers. I've never seen one with a problem. I have seen problems from Spikes, RRA, and CMC triggers. Hey, it's Wilson. I'm sure if something goes wrong they'll take care of you. Personally, I tend to prefer boring reliability over being different just because. Special snowflakes are usually uncommon for a reason. Things like Glocks, Aimpoints, and Geissele are everywhere, also for a reason.
    Food Court Apprentice
    Semper Paratus certified AR15 armorer

I've got a dozen or so of them in various rifles. I got them cheap, which is why I got them. Walked out of SHOT Show with 10 when they first came out, and had a couple of more sent my way after they changed something or other that was not noticeable to me.

But honestly, a GI trigger is acceptable for most of my applications.
    Last edited by Odin Bravo One; 06-18-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I've got a single stage TTU on my M&P15 TS.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

No experience but have used the GI, Geiselle, Rock River, and Larue MBT triggers. I prefer the MBT as a good all purpose trigger, especially when you can get it on sale for $99.
    http://www.larue.com/larue-tactical-mbt-2s-trigger
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I have a Single Stage TTU in a Colt 6920 and to be honest, it feels lighter than the spec'd 4 lbs. With absolutely zero creep and minimal over travel it's exactly what a single-stage trigger ought to be, but it's probably not the best set-up in a general purpose rifle for a lot of people.

I'll echo the previous comments concerning the LaRue MBT. For the money, it's a no-brainer option for a two stage trigger.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    I have a Single Stage TTU in a Colt 6920 and to be honest, it feels lighter than the spec'd 4 lbs. With absolutely zero creep and minimal over travel it's exactly what a single-stage trigger ought to be, but it's probably not the best set-up in a general purpose rifle for a lot of people.

I'll echo the previous comments concerning the LaRue MBT. For the money, it's a no-brainer option for a two stage trigger.
    I don't find mine to be overly light but it is quite crisp and breaks very cleanly. I really can't compare it to any other aftermarket trigger as I replaced the OEM trigger shortly after purchase based upon the recommendation of some respected forum members on another site.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post

I think I have four of them now, they have all been great so far. I know at least one of them has around 18,000 rounds on it and running great.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List