Thread: .22 Top End - for Glock 19

.22 Top End - for Glock 19

Hello everyone- What's the best way to go for a .22 top end for a Glock 19 today ? I bought a top end for use on a 20sf (first Glock I bought - for use as an outdoors gun) years ago. I haven't paid attention to what may be out there now.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by SamAdams; 06-18-2017 at 10:08 AM.

I asked the question on Glock Talk recently. Advantage Arms seems to be the leader.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    I asked the question on Glock Talk recently. Advantage Arms seems to be the leader.
    Thanks, I appreciate it. - I have an Advantage Arms unit for my Glock 20sf pistols.

I've owned both, I preferred the Tac Sol for steel slide/heavier weight closer to centerfire pistol. It was pretty reliable with Mini-mags. Complete disassembly is a pain. It's been a few years since I sold it. I don't have my finger on the pulse of current function and quality.

I get more value from a dedicated .22 pistol at the same price. Much less ammo sensitivity or cold weather shenanigans.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-P907A using Tapatalk

I have had an AA unit with a threaded barrel for my Gen3 G19 for a long time. I bought a used frame for $200, and built it as a dedicated unit. I run it with Remington Golden Bullet .22 per the manufacturer's recommendation.

Finding the right subsonic round to work with it reliably when suppressed has been a challenge. But from what I have read, the Tac-Sol has the same issue. S&B subsonic .22 ammo works well in it when shooting suppressed.

I have a set of Ameriglo Defoor sights on it, and it's an excellent trainer for new shooters. I start them with the suppressed .22 Glock, then we move to the regular 9mm G19 unsuppressed.

Hope that helps.

I haven't had good luck with Advantage Arms Glock conversions (their 1911 conversions are great). I just found that they weren't that accurate, for me. It's very likely that my expectations were/are unrealistic, comparing the Glock conversions with 1911 conversions. I found that the AACKs functioned pretty well, so the product is sound.

I have an Advantage Arms conv for my G17 and I like it quite a bit. I don't use it as much as 22cal has increased in price and is not as easy to find. I mostly use it when I am helping to teach new shooters as it bridges the gap between stage 1 with the SIRT pistol and stage 3 of the learning process with a "real" bullet (9mm or the like). I have given two Advantage Arms conv kits to friends as gifts and they have loved them as well and have not reported any issue with them.

All the best
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

I bought a second hand AA kit for my G17 a few years back. I haven't had any major problems, but it can be a little finicky with certain ammo, and needed to be run with a healthy amount of oil in it. And like Super J said, it is a great stepping stone for new shooters. Plus they're fun to plink with!!

Site Supporter
    I have a Tac-sol I also bought a dedicated lower for to run as a stand alone .22lr. Minus sights it's setup the same.as my other Glocks and uses the same support gear. It's accurate and runs well with Blazer and Remington Golden Bullets. Accuracy and reliability have been good.

User Tag List