Thread: GG&G Releases Pic Rail Mount System for HK MK23

Banned

GG&G Releases Pic Rail Mount System for HK MK23

Good news for MK23 owners looking for a traditional pic rail mount for light/laser on their MK23. GG&G is now shipping their newly released mount. The next question is, of course, what holster would work with it to allow you to carry the MK23 with a light, etc.

But good news.

I'm enjoying watching the HK Snobs over at HKPro whine that they feel slighted that they did not get first "dibs" on the mounts, since they were trying to put together a group order, LOL.

Here's the link to it:
    HK MK23 Light and Laser Mount

Also, I think I have a line on a holster maker who can make a holster for the HK MK23 with various light options. Will post more when I know more.

I heard that these were in the works. I was excited and might have bought one for shits and giggles for my MK23. I expected it to be similar to their USP rail adapters. Instead they created this massively over-sized and unneeded(yes I realize that those adjectives can deservedly by applied to the MK23 itself) rail adapter. Google "surefire mk23 rail adapter" and you will get exactly what this should have been. It is a shame that Surefire never got that adapter out of prototype stage.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I heard that these were in the works. I was excited and might have bought one for shits and giggles for my MK23. I expected it to be similar to their USP rail adapters. Instead they created this massively over-sized and unneeded(yes I realize that those adjectives can deservedly by applied to the MK23 itself) rail adapter. Google "surefire mk23 rail adapter" and you will get exactly what this should have been. It is a shame that Surefire never got that adapter out of prototype stage.
    I'm not sure I can agree with you that it is what you claim it is, but good to have it. And you are correct: hard to say anything is "oversized" when it comes to the MK23. I'm looking forward to getting mine and hopefully also a holster rig for my MK23 with a Surefire light.

Banned
    UPDATE

I heard back today from a Kydex holster maker, Squared Away Customs, and they can and will make a custom Kydex holster for my Mark 23 with the GG&G rail with a Surefire X400 Ultra.

Here is Squared Away Customs' weblink: http://www.squaredawaycustoms.com/

Here is the holster I ordered, and note, they CAN and will make it specifically for the Surefire X400 Ultra, but it adds half an inch to the width of the holster. Darn, there goes my plan for Appendix carry of the MK23 with rail and light/laser.

Five-O
    (Gun Make & Model: HK Mark 23 SOCOM, Weapon Mounted Light Make & Model: Surefire X400 Ultra (+$15.00), Kydex Color: ATACs FG (+$10.00), Side (draw from): Right, Belt Loop Size: 1.75" Speed Clip (+$12.00), Special Instructions: I am ordering this to have a custom holster made for my MK23. I communicated with Mark Lancaster about this. I will sending you guys the new GG&G light/laser rail mount system for the MK23. Mark advised me to order the holster, and send in the mount when I get it from GG&G. Thanks, Paul McCain (BOC1580@gmail.com)., Currently shipping in APPROXIMATELY 3-6 weeks from date of purchase: I acknowledge)

PRICE: $136

User Tag List