Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: US Navy Destroyer Severely Damaged in Collision

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    With our national focus on land wars for the last fifteen plus years, the Navy's largely been ignored. I'm not surprised and assume these incidents will stem from a failure of command, from the top down. I've seen first hand what a difference a squared away CO makes, as well as the effect a shit one has on the entire command. Shades of the USS Stark.
    Unfortunately the 7th fleet issues seem to be larger than individual CO's. Dunno if you are familiar with the "Fat Leonard" scandal, but here's a link.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Unfortunately the 7th fleet issues seem to be larger than individual CO's. Dunno if you are familiar with the "Fat Leonard" scandal, but here's a link.
    Holy shit.

That's outrageous.

Damn. A sitting Naval Admiral with a Bronze Heart & Purple Star doing time for corruption. With clowns like that passing classified information to defense contractors for money left and right, no wonder Hillary Clinton wasn't prosecuted.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    That's stunning.
    When I give private lessons, if I need to demo, I use the student's gun. That way they don't think I'm using a tricked out SCCY to be able to shoot well.

http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=102034

USS John McCain damaged in collision, sailors missing.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Some early photos of the McCain.

Name:  0cf869eb38204663b54615d7b9c3f175.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  35.0 KB

Name:  _97459061_041184850-1.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  19.2 KB
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Does anyone else think these could be intentional rammings? These were both ships with significant anti ballistic missile capability. Seems to me, a certain belligerent power in the region that happens to be fascinated with missiles could stand to benefit by innocuously getting these ships out of the area?
    Last edited by VT1032; 08-21-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Hanlon's razor:"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

We'll see.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Does anyone else think these could be intentional rammings? These were both ships with significant anti ballistic missile capability. Seems to me, a certain belligerent power in the region that happens to be fascinated with missiles could stand to benefit by innocuously getting these ships out of the area?
    i do not think you are crazy for positing this.

Quote Originally Posted by VT1032 View Post
    Why would they resort to overt terrorism when a Navy contracting front company and a few million in bribes can do the same thing?

In any event if it were terrorism, the Navy wouldn't have relieved the Fitzgerald command staff. It would also be public knowledge the incident was malicious,followed by a Devrgu visit to those responsible.
    Last edited by GardoneVT; 08-21-2017 at 09:49 AM.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

User Tag List