Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HK DA Triggers are not all that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MSparks909 View Post
    I find my P30's DA pull to stack in the last 1/3 of the trigger travel, which sometimes causes me to jerk shots if I don't practice 100% perfect trigger control. I swapped in a USP Match hammer spring (between 10-11# per HKParts) and it brought the DA to around 10. I'd like to send mine off eventually to get some trigger work done to smooth it up and reduce or remove the stacking.
    I have heard that GGI/LW trigger work does more to improve SA and LEM trigger character than to the DA pull. Not sure you get more than switching to a lighter hammer spring, like you did.

I have felt YVK's well shot in P30 LEM GGI trigger, and it is very good. On par with match hybrid in the USP FS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    I seem to remember DB saying that he thought a huge amount of USP DA had not helped his hands.
    I found this to be true for myself as well. The very first pistol given to me was a Smith 915 (DA/SA). The first pistol I ever purchased was a USP .45 v1 (DA/SA). When I found this place many years, I was in search of info on the P30. I started shooting a v3 (DA/SA) and 4 or so years later, had to move to a different trigger. I had developed hand pain and had to cut back range time, and dry fire to shorter and shorter periods. I simply over did it, and would not take the time to recuperate. I had to shoot on demand to my expected level constantly, and I just wore out my hands and trigger finger. I kept trying to push through it. If one knows this, they can avoid it. Regardless, a DA/SA, in my opinion is a fantastic learning tool and something that all enthusiasts should spend time on.
    Taking a break from social media.

I used to carry a USP 45c - TDA. The DA trigger pull was gritty, but not horribly heavy, definitely closer to 10 pounds than 12. SA trigger was what it was - nothing to right home about.

My current HK45c started in TDA mode, and the trigger was horrendous. My 12# Lyman trigger pull gauge would "bottom out" long before the sear would release. There was simply no way I was going to subject myself to that kind of punishment.

Currently working with the P07 - and while it doesn't have the silky smooth Beretta 92 DA trigger I wished it did, it's easy to work with. If I had to guess, in stock configuration, it's under 10#. I put that in the "not so horrible" category, personally, especially since it seems to be smoothing out with use.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HKs of all makes, but I won't carry a TDA HK on a bet.

My agency issued DA/SA USP .45's from 2000 until last year. I have a lot of trigger time with the full sizes and compacts, and thought the DA triggers were just ok.

I traded into an HK45c a few months ago, and its DA trigger is absolutely terrible. I bought an LEM kit to put in it, but haven't installed it yet.

It is great that that are so many options out there in 2017 for what pistol is right for you !

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    My agency issued DA/SA USP .45's from 2000 until last year. I have a lot of trigger time with the full sizes and compacts, and thought the DA triggers were just ok.

I traded into an HK45c a few months ago, and its DA trigger is absolutely terrible. I bought an LEM kit to put in it, but haven't installed it yet.
    Hybrid match LEM would seem a no brainer on a USP FS for police use, as it is very shootable, but still with the benefits Darryl has described for LEM on the two way streets.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I shot an HK45 for many years before changing over to the VP9. While I don't regret learning on a heavy DA/SA for the sake of gaining proper trigger control experience, with respect yes, yes they do suck ass
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Two summers ago, I dedicated myself to learning the USP FS DA/SA, with emphasis on the DA trigger. I actually strained a tendon at the first joint of my trigger finger. Think forum member, BCL, did the same. Sure wish the DA was a few pounds lighter.
    Wolf gunsprings does sell lighter hammer springs for the USP, I put a lighter hammer spring in my HK45 (usp hammer springs will interchange with the HK45, but not the .45c) and that lightened up the DA pull considerably.
    Last edited by ralph; 06-17-2017 at 04:42 PM.

In my experience the rather heavy oem FPBS in the p30 series is a prime contributor to the stacking thats noticeable in the DA trigger stroke. To solve that, the hkparts.net "enhanced" spring does a really nice job. It also really cleaned up the break on my 4.1 LEM P30sk.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post

That's interesting. I have a USP 45c V1 (DA/SA). I've had it for years and have gotten used to it, so can shoot it fine. I had assumed the HK45c would be similar in feel, but it sounds like that isn't so.

User Tag List