Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sig P320 in .45 ACP

Vending Machine Operator

Sig P320 in .45 ACP

Something I have noticed about most polymer gun releases is that the .45s tend to be snowflakes. Usually the accessory fit is different, size can be radically different, and often the reported reliability/durability/accuracy can be different.

We have heard a lot about the P320 in 9mm. Are there any indications that the .45 deviates in any way, or is it also considered good to go?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Good question.

I've been wondering if John Hearne has done some work with the P320 in .45 Auto, as he's one of the more prominent P220 shooters on the forum.

I have a friend with a 320 SC in .45 ACP and its an outstanding weapon, last time we met it was his EDC.

Site Supporter
    I carried a P320 C in .45 for 2-1/2 years. When I first got it - I had a few issues with some borrowed A-zoom snap caps. I switched back to my ST Action's and never had another problem. I shot exclusively 230 gr ammo, ball and JHP'S - never had ANY malfunctions. I put approximately 1,000 rounds through the gun and would strongly recommend it to anyone. Only change was to swap out the sights for a set of TRUGLO TFX PROS.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    Good question.

I've been wondering if John Hearne has done some work with the P320 in .45 Auto, as he's one of the more prominent P220 shooters on the forum.
    The P320 currently isn't a duty gun option for me so I have little incentive to play around with it. I do own a P320 that I bought as a teaching gun and like it a lot.

If the P320 ever became an option I'd look really, really hard at it. I really wanted to like the P227 but when I put it on the timer, I wasn't willing to give up shooting performance for a few extra bb's.
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Vending Machine Operator
    Good input, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

LB - I fondled a P320C .45 extensively the last time I was at the LGS. It felt great in the hand, trigger was well above average - very tempting.

Of course, the FCU for the .45 is NOT interchangeable with the 9mm/40/357 version, and the slide/frame are different. Looking around, I found very few holster makers who listed the P320 .45 as available, even though they list the other flavors of P320 (FS/C/SC). This leads me to believe that the .45 is going to continue to be a special snowflake. I'm sure you can find someone to craft you a quality concealed rig for it, but you are unlikely to be able to get one at Walmart or the LGS...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    LB - I fondled a P320C .45 extensively the last time I was at the LGS. It felt great in the hand, trigger was well above average - very tempting.

Of course, the FCU for the .45 is NOT interchangeable with the 9mm/40/357 version, and the slide/frame are different. Looking around, I found very few holster makers who listed the P320 .45 as available, even though they list the other flavors of P320 (FS/C/SC). This leads me to believe that the .45 is going to continue to be a special snowflake. I'm sure you can find someone to craft you a quality concealed rig for it, but you are unlikely to be able to get one at Walmart or the LGS...

I carried a P320C/.45 for 2+ years, in a Stealthgear holster. Very comfortable, was around $80. IIRC.
    Last edited by 11B10; 06-19-2017 at 10:54 AM.

I had a Sig P320 Carry for about a year. Very, very good weapon. Reliable. I shot it better than average for me. Good options as to sights. Adequate, but limited holster options. Installed Apex straight trigger, which suited me.
    The one gripe is the small grip module for full size is rare, if not impossible to find and I could never lay my hands on one. (A full size module can be modified to Carry length). I think a small grip module would have made a big difference to me.
    Though I did trade it toward a Walther PPQ 45 (principally because of grip preference), I would not have any reservations about the 320 in 45.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I really wanted to like the P227 but when I put it on the timer, I wasn't willing to give up shooting performance for a few extra bb's.

This a single stack vs double stack thing for you then?

User Tag List