Thread: 329 Night Guard

329 Night Guard

One of these just came up locally for a decent price and I've always kind of wanted one. I envision this as a hiking/camping gun, but really it would probably just be a fun gun. It would likely never see a .44 mag, to me it's a "lightweight" .44 special launcher.
    What kind of service life can I expect out of it? Round count before major parts breakage? Are the internals the same as a normal N-frame? Can a decent trigger job be done on it?

I have a pile of 329 revolvers, most tuned by Hamilton Bowen. I don't think of them as especially durable, but I am pretty sure you will damage your hand before you damage the revolver.

Typically, .44 Magnum and special loads hit enough different in POI, that you want to pick a front sight for the load you will shoot. I run the Garrett Defender load, which was made for these, as my heavy load. It is 300 something at 1,020. For an intermediate load, I have had good luck with the Buffalo Bore Keith heavy .44 special load, and Gold Dot .44 special as a light load.

Hogue rubber grips help tame recoil and improve the trigger, although I shoehorned K/L bantam grips on a short one for fanny pack carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

GET IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I worked with a guy who carried a 329PD on duty with full house loads. He was a "unique" individual with truly an old west/pioneer mindset.

My favorite Magnum load (it doesn't destroy my hand to shoot it) out of my 329PD is the Underwood .44 Magnum 200gr Hard Cast Wad Cutter. Favorite Specials are the Underwood 200gr wad cuter, Underwood 190gr Soft Cast LSWCHP, and the 200gr Speer Gold Dot.

Well unfortunately it moved pretty quickly. I wrote the guy an hour after it was posted, and it was gone.

I have a 329PD. I put Herretts Jordan Trooper stocks on it and mainly shoot 255 Keith SWCs at around 1000 fps, give or take. Makes a nice walkin' around the woods revolver in black bear/mountain lion country.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSabo40 View Post
    Well unfortunately it moved pretty quickly. I wrote the guy an hour after it was posted, and it was gone.
    I have an unfired NIB one I could probably be talked out of.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    I have an unfired NIB one I could probably be talked out of.
    PM is on its way! I didn't know any unfired ones still existed.

User Tag List