Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IWI Razorcore 77 grain SMK OTM LR MOD-1: An Excellent Alternative to BH MK 262 MOD 1

Concur with all the above praise. IMI 77gr shoots consistently at 1 MOA out of my LaRue 16" Stealth (1/8 twist). Just had it out to play at 600 KD. Initial Calcs had it at 5.0something MILS drop based on 2640 Muzzle velocity. It actually was running a bit hotter and corrected up to 4 MILS hold over, after which even my feeble skills could boringly ring IDPA center of chest with ease.

I can also add that in terms of field terminal performance it does very well on 200lb plus TX hogs provided good shoot placement.

Quote Originally Posted by 60Driver View Post
    Concur with all the above praise. IMI 77gr shoots consistently at 1 MOA out of my LaRue 16" Stealth (1/8 twist). Just had it out to play at 600 KD. Initial Calcs had it at 5.0something MILS drop based on 2640 Muzzle velocity. It actually was running a bit hotter and corrected up to 4 MILS hold over, after which even my feeble skills could boringly ring IDPA center of chest with ease.

I can also add that in terms of field terminal performance it does very well on 200lb plus TX hogs provided good shoot placement.
    FWIW, I had an average MV of 2777 with it out of my BCM 16" 1:8.

Roger Lief. Factory had it at 2750 in a 18" and honestly I initially did not compensate for 85DEG temps and a little altitude. As an amateur long distance guy at best it was my fault on the initial dope. That said 2777 is SMOKING out of a 16" guessing it was warm temps.

Bottom line it is very solid ammo for the price.
    Last edited by 60Driver; 06-20-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 60Driver View Post
    Roger Lief. Factory had it at 2750 in a 18" and honestly I initially did not compensate for 85DEG temps and a little altitude. As an amateur long distance guy at best it was my fault on the initial dope. That said 2777 is SMOKING out of a 16" guessing it was warm temps.

Bottom line it is very solid ammo for the price.
    It was 75 I believe, sea level, but yes I was surprised with the speed as well. I haven't had a chance to shoot it for groups yet tho, I don't expect .5 but I'm hoping for sub moa. If it is, with that speed, I'll be super excited.

Another great MK262 clone is made by Defender. I only got around 2550 FPS out of my barrel, but had an SD of 15 and a less than one inch group for ten rounds. Cheap too, 60 cents or so a round. Made in North Carolina I think.

Been eying this ammo for quite awhile and this thread pushed me off the fence... 500 round box from SGAMMO delivered today, got home too late to experiment this evening but I hope to this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

At first I was a bit unimpressed when I looked at the ammo out of the box. Head stamps were mixed and some of the case heads had dings and gouges in them. The target showed good accuracy nonetheless.

I shot about 10 rounds of 5.56 IMI 77 grain side by side with new .223 Black Hills 77 grain. Both loads were right around 1 inch at 100.

Rifle was 16" PWS Mk1 Mod 2 with 4 power Steiner P4XI. Shot off a pack.

User Tag List