Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Study of Gabe White's AIWB Draw

The Study of Gabe White's AIWB Draw

This video was taken at Gabe's class in Culpeper, VA on June 12,2017.

If I am not mistaken is it the first high(er)-res, slow motion video of his draw.

I am personally dissecting it and looking to incorporate features of it in my own draw.

Please post your observations! @Mr_White

FAST Coin Owner #15
    Paper M in Carry Optics #A96020
    Point 1 Tactics Elite Standards Coin #4

i think id want a few more samples of videos before basing a draw stroke off it.
    Founder Of Keepers Concealment and Lead trainer. Affiliate of CCW Safe, Use discount code ( KC10off )Sign up here https://ccwsafe.com/ref/B65241653

it would be cool to run that through coach's eye ala McPhee and others.

I think my draw is pretty similar, but I often wear button down shirts which can change the cover garment clearing some. I also don't have my foot on the gas as much as he does. I'm really glad you posted this. I'm going to see what I can learn from it.

I've been catching up on P&S stuff, almost forgot you were on here. Sub'd your youtube.

-Cory

What is extraordinary about Gabe's draw is not his method. It is his execution, and that is all about hard work.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is extraordinary about Gabe's draw is not his method. It is his execution, and that is all about hard work.

GJM, I couldn't agree more. When you watch him, there is a "fluid" component to his movements that can only come from many, many repetitions.

My wife says (about Gabe), "it isn't just a draw, it is a lifestyle."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I think the major parts of his speed are is his reaction time to the buzzer, which is insanely fast, his initial movement of both hands at the same time on the buzzer and his "up and in" SH initial grip on the gun. Oh, and his press out (which doesn't really fully explain what he does) is insanely fast as well.

IMO his draw is the definition of an overlearned skill.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 06-15-2017 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Clarification
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No kidding! I have erred by implementing that explosive "burned fingers" flash to the gun based on hundreds of reps maybe, vs thousands and thousands. I tried to apply it far short of mastery and got burned by fouled grips and sketchy hits.

It is very challenging for me to change speeds from the burning blaze to the let up for the grip, then blaze the index presentation, then let up to confirm sights.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersaurus View Post
    reaction time to the buzzer
    Huh, I have always thought I am pretty average in reacting to the beep. I don't think I've actually measured my pure reaction time though. Where I think I profit on the draw, timewise, is in getting master grip without delay, and aiming and firing the shot while the gun is stopping at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    It is very challenging for me to change speeds from the burning blaze to the let up for the grip, then blaze the index presentation, then let up to confirm sights.
    That oscillation from tension to fluidity and back definitely is challenging, but it's how the edges of movement get rounded so that minimal dead time is spent after each part of the draw is completed. And it's big in stopping the gun smoothly at the end.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List