Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A winner from Grand Power. The Q100

A winner from Grand Power. The Q100

Winner? Well I did manage to drive this gun right out of the box and take 1st in Limited and 2nd in Open at
    our annual Big Bash Steel match.

Guns are just machines and without you they can do no harm, nor any good

Good video as usual, Pat. By the way, was there an airshow going on close by? The prop noise was kinda annoying especially when you're a deaf bastard like me..

Really enjoy your videos. How did you come up with the "Out of the box and to the match" format?

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Love your videos! Definitely has piqued my interest in the GP line. Now that I am in grad school and on a break from medicine I am hoping to get back into competition shooting again. There is a steel challenge match this Saturday actually... thinking about going despite a number of (good & bad) reasons not to.

Also, your sponsors are getting their money's worth. Thanks for reminding me I wanted to buy steel targets and giving me good people to go to them for!
    Last edited by Nephrology; 06-15-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Hmmm...a plastic front sight and a rotating barrel set-up, concepts that haven't played out well historically for the most part...perhaps unfairly, color me a tad skeptical here. Plus, what is this gonna realistically do what my current Glock/HK line-up doesn't do?

On the other hand, thanks for these detailed reviews that you do on what many would simply consider to be an outlier gun without intrinsic merit and ignore otherwise.

Best, Jon

Congrats on your excellent results in the standings!

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Hmmm...a plastic front sight and a rotating barrel set-up, concepts that haven't played out well historically for the most part...perhaps unfairly, color me a tad skeptical here. Plus, what is this gonna realistically do what my current Glock/HK line-up doesn't do?

On the other hand, thanks for these detailed reviews that you do on what many would simply consider to be an outlier gun without intrinsic merit and ignore otherwise.

Best, Jon
    this isn't the first gp rotating barrel gun and they have metal front sights for dirt cheap

mags on the other hand... now those are expensive and the main reason I stay away from. the xcalibur
    Last edited by pastaslinger; 06-15-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph View Post
    Good video as usual, Pat. By the way, was there an airshow going on close by? The prop noise was kinda annoying especially when you're a deaf bastard like me..
    Aerobatic competition.

Quote Originally Posted by 357carbine View Post
    Really enjoy your videos. How did you come up with the "Out of the box and to the match" format?
    Thank you for saying so.

The Out of Box thing started well before youtube.
    I AVOIDED Glocks when they were introduced and did so for many years while I campaigned 1911's, Para-Ord's, Springfield P9's and such in IPSC/USPSA
    competitions. Somewhere along the way I borrowed a Glock on a dare to shoot a local IPSC match. It worked, I worked it and another match was won.
    THAT set the seed for me to purchase one for myself. I ran that gun for a season or two and ended up with a couple more Glocks.

All of them just ran...something I could not say for the Para or P9.

This is around 1995? And at least in my local area most guys had no love for the "plastic fantastic" or "tactical tupperware"
    I was made a convert to these "non walnut and steel" guns so came up with a demo I was sure no 1911 owner would dare to repeat (keep in mind this is 1995 or so)

So I picked up a second NIB G24 and asked that the FFL NOT open the sealed case.
    I took that gun to another action shooting event and grabbed still photos of the MD cutting the seal, opening the box and putting
    in my holster on game day. Without so much as one "click" of dryfire I went on to shoot and win that event.

That concept came back to me a few years after getting on youtube. I have now done this with 35 plus handguns.

For me the real take-away is that the most modern guns run and sights, trigger, grips etc. etc. really do not matter! Fundamentals Matter!
    Yes, the tool makes a difference... but you got to be able to pilot the thing first and concern oneself with do-dads later.

This is a great series of videos.

You do go through a lot of guns. I'm interested though, if you needed to win a match tomorrow, or just the gun you'd prefer to shoot, what would you choose?

User Tag List