Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Which 9mm pistols have reliable ban-state magazines?

Glad to know I'm not crazy, or at least not because of this. After a long range trip my hand was pretty tired and at one point I had trouble pulling the trigger back far enough to go bang! It was a like one of those bad gun nightmares. I have big hands which I think contributed to the problem. I swapped to the bigger backstrap and the trigger problem disappeared but the big grip didn't really feel right for me either. For now the P2000 is a gun I keep in the safe for people with smaller hands.

Quote Originally Posted by GreggW View Post
    For me the P2000 was difficult to transition to because of how far back the trigger broke.

The following duty pistols on the current state DOJ roster of new handguns approved for sale in California tend to have 10 rd magazines which work acceptably:

Beretta 92
    HK P2000
    HK USP
    Sig P226
    Sig P229

The Glock 26 and Glock 30 are also approved, but have reduced grip sizes which are not ideal for carry in a duty retention holster due to the short grip. A Glock 19 cut to accept G26 mags would work, but that is a significant effort.

A used M&P9 or M&P45 would also be good options.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    The following duty pistols on the current state DOJ roster of new handguns approved for sale in California tend to have 10 rd magazines which work acceptably:

Beretta 92
    HK P2000
    HK USP
    Sig P226
    Sig P229

The Glock 26 and Glock 30 are also approved, but have reduced grip sizes which are not ideal for carry in a duty retention holster due to the short grip. A Glock 19 cut to accept G26 mags would work, but that is a significant effort.

A used M&P9 or M&P45 would also be good options.
    I was screwing around and looking at the roster and noticed that the SP2022 was still on the list. Any word on their 10 round magazines?

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

Six pages of research, brain-racking and discussion, and then this: http://abc7.com/news/federal-judge-b...llets/2165386/

heh

Haven't bought anything, still carrying my 26. Will go back to my 17 for the time being. Called Glock for a laugh to talk about magazines, they said they are sending me new followers that will "fix everything." We'll see. We'll see about all of it.

I couldn't find some of my Beretta 10-round mags, so I sprung for some new MecGar 10 rounders.

Why? I need 'em for Canada/Australia/etc where I might shoot some IPSC. They're worked great so far. Same nice profile. They'll also accept the Ben Stoeger-style base pads, but I decided not to change 'em for now...

http://instagram.com/p/BWYZ2vgAYiQ/
    Last edited by Sal Picante; 07-13-2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    I couldn't find some of my Beretta 10-round mags, so I sprung for some new MecGar 10 rounders.

Why? I need 'em for Canada/Australia/etc where I might shoot some IPSC. They're worked great so far. Same nice profile. They'll also accept the Ben Stoeger-style base pads, but I decided not to change 'em for now...

http://instagram.com/p/BWYZ2vgAYiQ/
    Are they handling JHP ammo fine?

It's sounding more and more like Glock is the only pistol manufacturer that can't make a reliably functional 10 round magazine. Some other neutered mags may have idiosyncrasies that make them less than perfect, but it sounds like they at least feed reliably which is exactly what I want my magazines to never screw up.

Sent from mah smertfone using tapathingy

User Tag List