Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger Mark IV Recall

At least Mark IV owners won't need a mallet to send in their grip modules for the update...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    At least Mark IV owners won't need a mallet to send in their grip modules for the update...
    I know it says that in the manual, but in the vast array of half a dozen Ruger .22s from this line I've shot, only one was anything like me that tight, and it was an original Standard. Very early one, too. The MKII I've had for the last ... umpteen years, has never needed anything but normal disassembly. No mallets, no frame marring or abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    You really don't know what you're talking about.
    do you own any other firearms other than the MK III ?

Site Supporter
    Here is a link to the ATF guidebook:

The serialized part can be the frame or the receiver. Frame or receiver is defined as "That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and
    firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel."

Other guns, such as SIG 320s and Sig 250s, have different parts other than the lower part serialized, which allow their grips to be modular. I'm sure there are others out there.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...onpdf/download

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I know it says that in the manual, but in the vast array of half a dozen Ruger .22s from this line I've shot, only one was anything like me that tight, and it was an original Standard. Very early one, too. The MKII I've had for the last ... umpteen years, has never needed anything but normal disassembly. No mallets, no frame marring or abuse.
    Unfortunately, the only the Mark III I ever owned was quite tight, and did require blunt force to disassemble.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List