Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Share ACT...

I know I am in the minority on this one....... They need to repeal all the current firearms laws and acts. Plain and simple. I have a no compromise attitude on this subject. Compromise and dealing has gotten us exactly where we are today...trying to hold on to what we have and pinch back a little at a time. I say go "full frontal" on the pro-gun end, same as the anti-gunners. Even if I have no personal use for something, if it is pro-gun I am for it. It's a simple mindset I have, but it's the only one I have time for anymore. I am never willing to give something up in order to curry favor for something else. It never works to your advantage in the end.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

Quote Originally Posted by JRCHolsters View Post
    I know I am in the minority on this one....... They need to repeal all the current firearms laws and acts. Plain and simple. I have a no compromise attitude on this subject. Compromise and dealing has gotten us exactly where we are today...trying to hold on to what we have and pinch back a little at a time. I say go "full frontal" on the pro-gun end, same as the anti-gunners. Even if I have no personal use for something, if it is pro-gun I am for it. It's a simple mindset I have, but it's the only one I have time for anymore. I am never willing to give something up in order to curry favor for something else. It never works to your advantage in the end.
    Well that makes two of us in the minority. The constitution is pretty clear about the 2nd amendment. We can partly thank our own community for getting us here and then helping us stay. The "gun community" has bastardized the 2nd amendment by trying to justify rifles like the AR-15 and suppressor as being ok because they have "sporting purposes."

I don't own an AR-15 or suppressor for "sporting purposes." Yes they can serve those purposes too, but that's not my primary motivation for owning them.

As citizens, if we have the cash, we should be able to drive down to the local shop and walk out with a suppressed HK23 and a Carl Gustav. Because, the second amendment is all about keeping the government in check and nothing to do with "personal defense" and "hunting." That's just common fucking sense that someone has the right to defend them selves and kill their own food.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll learn.

Some day.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I'll learn.

Some day.
    I always appreciate your input and perspective.

How do you view this matter?

If you wouldn't mind sharing; I'm genuinely curious.

God Bless,

Brandon

I would be lying if I told you I disagree with your opinion. I think 99% of us would agree on the concept of wiping the slate clean ASAFP. However, the reality of the matter is that going full bore with no compromise ever will back fire like no tomorrow. We didn't get to where we are overnight and it's unrealistic to believe that we can undo it in a few moves. We do need to play a more aggressive game like the antis have been doing. Demand a mile and let your opponent think he won when he gives you a yard. Fact is you won cause you had nothing and have a yard. The conservative political movement here has no idea how to negotiate, simply cause they aren't interested in fixing the problem. If the problem were fixed who would pay their salaries or dues???

It going to take years to undo the damage we have done to the Constitution and it will require multiple compromises and multiple attempts to keep gaining ground. That is the reality we live in.

I say go "full frontal" on the pro-gun end, same as the anti-gunners.
    While I do agree with you in general, you're wrong on this point. The left has been slowly but very persistently chipping away at things for decades. They definitely know how to play the long game.

All I can say, from my point of view is this..... You don't play by the enemies rules. If they are great at chipping away on a long haul, why in the world would you play the same game with the experts? This method has done nothing but given away our rights. With more of the general public waking up to gun ownership, you don't play it safe with the leftist extremists, you crush them and get the stragglers to act more extreme, thereby alienating mid ground support. Just my honest opinion.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

User Tag List