Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Share ACT...

Maybe they'll go the other way and add national reciprocity to it seeing as how the congressmen would be able to carry with it....who knows.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Apperently the SHUSH act was introduced the other day...

http://www.guns.com/2017/07/05/lawma...gun-accessory/

They are really trying, which is good.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I like Tams take on the SHUSH Act: Knight's Fork
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I like Tams take on the SHUSH Act: Knight's Fork
    Totally agree. I would be happy to buy a suppressor after a background check, whereas the federal government implying that our second amendment rights are invalid if there is no "sporting purpose" is a clear affront to the spirit of the Constitution.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Pretty sure my opinion is unpopular, but.... I think that everything but FA and DD need to be removed from NFA. A nics is plenty for those. Maybe I'm paranoid but im just not comfortable with anyone and everyone being able to buy a machine gun or a recoil-less rifle whenever they want. I will grant that the current system is ridiculous, and I agree the second amendment is meant as written. I would be more comfortable with it if we had a good way to keep mental defectives from getting guns.

Suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs do not need to be part of the NFA.
    Not trying to Martyr you over this stance.

But just a thought, the 2nd amendment was about standing up to tyrannical governments and before anyone takes the "Nobody needs a belt fed and/or rockets, etc.". A lot of the casualties the US has sustained in the GWOT aren't from MG's, Rockets, etc. but IED's.

The MG's and Rockets aren't helping out ISIS, etc. which is better than what you or I could get currently. So what chance do you really stand of "MOLON LABE"-ing out?

Night Vision technologies/lasers are heavily restricted or just not sold to civilians, etc.

Freedom and individual liberties were a radical idea in general back in the 1700's and still are in most of the world.

Just something to think over with your mindset.

Personally, and I may be martyred for this. I hope Suppressors, SBR's, SBS', AOW's are never removed from the NFA because if they are; we'll leave MG's and DD's on the sacrificial altar.

I hope Suppressors aren't deregulated because they help us as a subculture fight for all of our rights versus just your stance.

That's how I see it anyway.

I love our Government and I love our soldiers/LE and as a Christian I should (Romans 13:1-4), but this is a plainly obvious situation to me.

God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    t?

Night Vision technologies/lasers are heavily restricted or just not sold to civilians, etc.

Personally, and I may be martyred for this. I hope Suppressors, SBR's, SBS', AOW's are never removed from the NFA because if they are; we'll leave MG's and DD's on the sacrificial altar.

I hope Suppressors aren't deregulated because they help us as a subculture fight for all of our rights versus just your stance.
    What is so hard about purchasing NVGs and lasers? Honestly asking.

Insofar as suppressors, I disagree. Widely available suppressors will attract more shooters. Widely available suppressors will make shooting ranges less easily closed.
    #RESIST

Share ACT...

Gotta agree with LL. There is actually an example of this where I live. Someone that lives close to a large range here was constantly filing noise complaints. The range existed before the residents bought the house. They new what they were getting into. Later they made a false claim of rifle rounds landing near their home since noise complaints were having no effect. Bogus as rifles weren't shot in that direction, (the rifle range was on the other side of the range facing away from any homes for miles).

As a means to appease the residents the range settled for opening late on Sunday's and only allowing pistols to be shot unless you have a suppressor. I get why the range did it but it's still shitty because some people can only get to the range on Sundays and now they are restricted unless they waited a year and paid their blood money.

Bottom line for me is if we can avoid being a naissance to others we are less likely to have our rights infringed upon. This bill would go a long way as there are examples in more than one location I have lived where: ranges get screwed with, sued or eventually shut down over noise.
    Last edited by Mike C; 07-09-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Site Supporter
    That is a good point and honestly with the urbanization of America it makes sense. I'll concede that and change my view. I'm still worried lots of Gun owners share that feeling and I'm thinking if we hold that view then how could we ever restore our rights?

As far as lasers; I was referring to IR lasers and NVG's. I'm not that well versed on the matter so I did some searching and found a FAQ at a popular vendor that covers that. https://tnvc.com/faq/

Now I couldn't afford NVG and IR Lasers but just pointing it out.

God Bless,

Brandon

ETA: When I say that feeling in the second sentence I mean not being able to own MG's or DD's. Both are not illegal but MG's might as well be for average Joe and DD's you can't own anything beyond large caliber weapons or a few exceptions without tightly scrutinized licensing for the sole purpose of Mil/LE research and sales, etc.
    Last edited by BWT; 07-09-2017 at 09:39 AM.

I might be the minority but I would gladly leave DD and MG on the NFA to get the rest of it off... they are already all on the NFA so getting some off is a win in my book.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I might be the minority but I would gladly leave DD and MG on the NFA to get the rest of it off... they are already all on the NFA so getting some off is a win in my book.
    Name:  troika.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  63.3 KB
    Not sayin' I completely disagree.

OTOH, we need to do away with the Hughes Amendment.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List