Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Share ACT...

Share ACT...

PDF https://naturalresources.house.gov/u..._share_act.pdf

TITLE XVIII—LAWFUL PURPOSE AND SELF-DEFENSE
    Sec. 1801. Short title.
    Sec. 1802. Elimination of authority to reclassify popular rifle ammunition as
    ‘‘armor piercing ammunition’’.
    Sec. 1803. Elimination of restrictions on importation of non-National Firearms
    Act firearm or ammunition that may otherwise be lawfully possessed
    and sold in the United States.
    Sec. 1804. Protection of shotguns, shotgun shells, and large caliber rifles from
    arbitrary classification as ‘‘destructive devices’’.
    Sec. 1805. Broadening of the temporary interstate transfer provision to allow
    temporary transfers for all lawful purposes rather than just for
    ‘‘sporting purposes’’.

HPA is title XVII
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

My concern is now it can be stripped out by some jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    My concern is now it can be stripped out by some jackass.
    That's always something which may occur but it seems to me that there is plenty of arguments to be made for HPA, especially attached to legislation like the rest of that which is included.

Especially if there is serious backing, which there is.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Pretty sure my opinion is unpopular, but.... I think that everything but FA and DD need to be removed from NFA. A nics is plenty for those. Maybe I'm paranoid but im just not comfortable with anyone and everyone being able to buy a machine gun or a recoil-less rifle whenever they want. I will grant that the current system is ridiculous, and I agree the second amendment is meant as written. I would be more comfortable with it if we had a good way to keep mental defectives from getting guns.

Suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs do not need to be part of the NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Pretty sure my opinion is unpopular, but.... I think that everything but FA and DD need to be removed from NFA. A nics is plenty for those. Maybe I'm paranoid but im just not comfortable with anyone and everyone being able to buy a machine gun or a recoil-less rifle whenever they want. I will grant that the current system is ridiculous, and I agree the second amendment is meant as written. I would be more comfortable with it if we had a good way to keep mental defectives from getting guns.

Suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, and AOWs do not need to be part of the NFA.
    People can buy vehicles which can be far worse than stuff you can buy that is regulated by the nfa...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Anyone know when the hearing is rescheduled to? Shooting in Alexandria postponed it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Anyone know when the hearing is rescheduled to? Shooting in Alexandria postponed it.

It's not calendered yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    TinFoilHat
    Gee, a high-profile shooting of a government official just before a hearing on a gun rights bill...
    /TinFoilHat
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

So, this would also kill 922(R)? Am I reading that right?

SEC. 1803. ELIMINATION OF RESTRICTIONS ON IMPORTA- TION OF NON-NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT FIREARM OR AMMUNITION THAT MAY OTH- ERWISE BE LAWFULLY POSSESSED AND SOLD
    IN THE UNITED STATES.
    (a) ELIMINATION OF PROHIBITIONS.—Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended—
    (1) in subsection (a), by striking paragraph (7) and inserting the following:
    ‘‘(7) for any person to manufacture or import armor piercing ammunition, unless the manufacture or importation of the ammunition—
    ‘‘(A) is for the use of the United States, any department or agency of the United States, any State, or any department, agency, or polit- ical subdivision of a State;
    ‘‘(B) is for the purpose of exportation; or
    ‘‘(C) is for the purpose of testing or ex- perimentation, and has been authorized by the Attorney General;’’;
    (2) in subsection (l), by striking ‘‘925(d) of this
    chapter’’ and inserting ‘‘925’’; and (3) by striking subsection (r).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List