Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Beretta!

If you need help, lemme know!

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    If you need help, lemme know!
    Hey Les, what rear do you generally find works best to raise POI from the drive the dot sight picture to a top of the post sight picture?

I've had good luck with the Wilson .280, but there's no .280 Pepperoni sight....hint hint.

ETA:. This is assuming a fixed front sight Beretta, where you can't replace the front
    Last edited by Jared; 06-16-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Sorta.

I bought one of the used AIM surplus Berettas to use as a backup to my current Beretta. I have already on the way:
    -Factory standard recoil spring
    -D-hammer spring
    -Wilson ultra thin grips
    -Wolff TCU to replace the trigger return spring

I may be getting a new WC trigger bar. The current Beretta does have one and it's ok. I like the durability of it more than the perceived reliability benefits. The trigger honestly isn't too bad. Locking block looks ok.

I've heard of the "Pepperoni rear sight" and I do think I should get one. What height for a standard 92FS is ideal? Also probably going to grab an extended mag release. Am I missing anything significant here? Should I replace any other parts preemptively?
    Seems like you've covered most of the bases. As others have said; G conversion kit, maybe new rear sight. I would add as preemptive: recoil spring, FP spring.

Replace the recoil spring since it's an unknown. Install a reduced power hammer spring. A D spring or a 1911 competition spring. Whatever grips you want. Forget the TCU. I've found that it can effect trigger reset in a negative way. The current Beretta trigger springs are stronger than the old ones, just replacing the factory unit at proscribed intervals is a better option, IMHO. I like the Wilson Combat rear Battle Sight. The G conversion is a must and one I've done to all my 92s.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Hey Les, what rear do you generally find works best to raise POI from the drive the dot sight picture to a top of the post sight picture?

I've had good luck with the Wilson .280, but there's no .280 Pepperoni sight....hint hint.

ETA:. This is assuming a fixed front sight Beretta, where you can't replace the front
    Are you shooting a std. 92? I'll see what I can do to have WC make a .280... (Might be a while, tho, new sku, etc...)

Site Supporter
    I didn't even know G conversion was a thing...holy shit. This makes things better. Will need.

New recoil and D spring are in. Gonna grab a few more things and I'll be totally satisfied.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Les Pepperoni View Post
    Are you shooting a std. 92? I'll see what I can do to have WC make a .280... (Might be a while, tho, new sku, etc...)
    Yeah, standard boring fixed front sight full size 92. I like the normal Battle Sight well enough, but I think I'd prefer the Pepperoni sight.

User Tag List