Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratcheted belts

Quote Originally Posted by JM Campbell View Post
    I have the black tacticool non leather version. It is 1.25" FYI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The "leather" ones work well but the dressy appearance deteriorates very quickly.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    I prefer a ratchet belt. Easier adjustment on the fly without the sound of Velcro alerting everyone you're arming/disarming/dropping trou. I wish one existed that looked good and lasted. I'd love a real leather one.
    Looking good is way too subjective for help. Personally, I do wish there was a wider buckle choice. (like the look of some that appear like a normal buckle)
    Real leather is what RGB uses, verses either a leather or PU/other material front/back combo that some of the others use. I considered asking RGB if they would sell an unfinished one, so I could get the color I wanted, with dad's old leather dyes.
    Their directions had the issue, though, of (on the website it says) cut two to four inches larger then your normal belt size. Cutting the regular belt size (what the box effectively said), left a much smaller piece sticking out the end, then what a normal belt did. (or what I am used to, with my handmade belts)
    Can't really tell you how well it will last yet, as I haven't had it long enough, and with my leather experience over the years, that entails how the leather was tanned, condition of the leather before construction, etc.
    I like the fact that I don't have to poke in between sizes on the belt. I am hoping with the construction, that I don't get the leather stretch, that would eventually happen with my old homemade leather belts (poking extra holes, they will woller out over time as you expand/contract)

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    Looking good is way too subjective for help. Personally, I do wish there was a wider buckle choice. (like the look of some that appear like a normal buckle)
    Real leather is what RGB uses, verses either a leather or PU/other material front/back combo that some of the others use. I considered asking RGB if they would sell an unfinished one, so I could get the color I wanted, with dad's old leather dyes.
    Their directions had the issue, though, of (on the website it says) cut two to four inches larger then your normal belt size. Cutting the regular belt size (what the box effectively said), left a much smaller piece sticking out the end, then what a normal belt did. (or what I am used to, with my handmade belts)
    Can't really tell you how well it will last yet, as I haven't had it long enough, and with my leather experience over the years, that entails how the leather was tanned, condition of the leather before construction, etc.
    I like the fact that I don't have to poke in between sizes on the belt. I am hoping with the construction, that I don't get the leather stretch, that would eventually happen with my old homemade leather belts (poking extra holes, they will woller out over time as you expand/contract)
    If it lasts, let us know. The weak point in the belt is how the non-ratcheting side of the buckle connects to the leather.
    Bob Loblaw lobs law bombs

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    If it lasts, let us know. The weak point in the belt is how the non-ratcheting side of the buckle connects to the leather.
    Will do, and I know, see my first post.

I've been using one of the Blade Tech branded nylon ratchet belts for a month and a half or so. No complaints. It's holding up great. Definitely my favorite belt so far.

Just ordered a Kore Belt and it shipped exactly 17 minutes after ordering......at night.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

This is one is going to be EDC dependent. I have a Kore Gun Belt and all I am going to say is if you carry anything heavier than a G19 you will not be happy. G19 or similar and lighter they are really convenient.

If it's of interest to anyone PM me as I have one that is cut large for me (I'm a 32" waist and the belt is 43" OAL) that would likely work for anyone up to a 34"-36" waist, and will likely never use it again.

I have an Anson (gunbelt version). I would have tried Kore but every time I found a YT review of Kore, the Kore owner ( I assume) would challenge every negative comment in the comments section. I only use the Anson when wearing a suit jacket and carry a Glock 26 in a concelable OWB at 3:00. I usually carry a Glock 17 AIWB and I don't believe ANY of the ratchet belts would hold up like a Wilderness or similar belt.

Site Supporter
    I bought a Blade Tech belt for my 12 year old son, because I could size it to fit his 21-inch waist, and leave a generous tail for him to grow into. I liked it so much that I bought one for myself as well, and I weigh in north of 300. I believe they are made by Next and branded for Blade Tech.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ratcheting belt update....

So my RGB belt has been my primary belt the last three years. (less then 20 days wearing another belt)
    I had only switched to two other belts, on occasion. A brown Bladetech/Nexbelt and a LTT belt. Two weeks ago, the buckle of the RGB broke at the place where it met the belt, by a pin(s) failing. Unfortunately my backup was in the other vehicle. (in the middle of a move, dealing with an estate and a bunch other cr..)
    To their credit, RGB sent me a replacement (lifetime warranty, but out of stock at the time). Their detriment, still uses pins, where Bladetechs went to screws there.

Thought some would want an update.

User Tag List