Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First attempts at FAST

Quote Originally Posted by SSGN_Doc View Post
    Took a lot of the contructive input here and applied it. Got a shot timer for Father's Day. My JMCK holster also arrived for the Px4 and I got another holster for the TP9V2 along with a mag pouch. I also went through dry exercises before hitting the range again.

Still trying to learn how to use my shot timer and failed to realize it would dump data. But I had taken some notes on first shot times and splits shown in the main display. I was able to run clean drills in under 9 seconds. Hanging mostly around 8.28 seconds for total time. First shot times hanging around 1.72-1.78. Don't know my reload times, as I was planning on reviewing the shot strings when I got home to figure out where my big pauses were. Data, gone.

When I really pushed I got to 7.19 seconds but dropped shots.

All in all to see my times go from being north of 12 seconds with no first shot times under / seconds before upgrading some of the equipment and running some dry drills, I'm happy to be heading in the right direction.

Thanks for the advice.
    For me, my best days are the days I have apex grip strength and great traction on the gun, that allows me to shoot faster through tracking the sights easier because of less muzzle rise and also allows me to move the trigger faster without disturbing the sights, to a degree I can also be a little sloppier with the trigger allowing me to focus/concentrate on other things. If you come back from the slide lock reload with a "master grip" you can really just chew through the 4 to the 8".
    Last edited by SsevenN; 07-05-2017 at 12:37 PM.
    "I'm checking out, somebody throw me in the trash"

t. Frank Reynolds - IASIP

User Tag List