Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With all the RCS kydex drama going on...

Site Supporter

With all the RCS kydex drama going on...

The drama has me wondering...

Does Tony use kydex exclusively?

Should he change the name to JMCustomKydexorBoltoron.com????

Curious minds want to know!

What drama?
    #RESIST

If it works, I couldn't give two shits less what it's made of. I don't understand people at times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only drama for me is that their custom shop is down I need holsters! Getting the 17 sized Freya back in stock would be nice too!

Site Supporter

With all the RCS kydex drama going on...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    What drama?
    Cmon Dude! It was like a 7 page thread in the auto loader section. OP was on his soapbox then mysteriously went dark.
    Last edited by cjb1911; 06-10-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Imho, one guy making a mistake does not a drama make. I think it's being blown out of proportion and many of us, even those of us who own few or no RCS offerings, stood up for them.

I think we can all agree that they build good products and many other makers rely on some of their innovative parts in building their own custom wares.

Deciding whose gear works best for our own individual needs is a personal decision. Some may be completely satisfied with RCS offerings. Others may find that custom gear offers better performance.

Frankly, if I weren't specifically told that some makers were using Boltaron instead of Kydex, I'd never know. As mentioned above, I care about whether a product works and will prove durable. The name of the material is not important to me unless it is inferior and I need to be made aware that it will not serve its intended purpose well.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Imho, one guy making a mistake does not a drama make. I think it's being blown out of proportion and many of us, even those of us who own few or no RCS offerings, stood up for them.
    Dude just didn't realize that the material is far closer to choosing between Lowe's and Home Depot for lumber than it is some magical chemical formulation.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Everyone loves Voltron brand plastics for their gear. No one uses Spandex anymore.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Wait......you mean there was internet drama.....no friggin way! Can't happen!!!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by cjb1911 View Post
    The drama has me wondering...

Does Tony use kydex exclusively?

Should he change the name to JMCustomKydexorBoltoron.com????

Curious minds want to know!
    To answer your question, no. I prefer Boltaron, and Holstex over Kydex. Quality control over the years with Kydex has been lacking in my experience. Good thing Kydex is used as a general term now, cause JM Custom Boltaron/Holstex sounds weird
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List