Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine Sale

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I just realized the ones I have are indeed the ETM HD/+Ps. I don't use +P ammo but I like the option.

I am really tempted to get the Vickers version just for kicks.
    I have a few of the .45 Vickers mags that I use on duty. They're pricey, but they just feel "solid". Mine have been great so far.

I bought a 9mm Vickers mag thanks to this thread. Hope to try it out soon when my new 9mm Wilson comes.

I have a Kimber ultra Aegis and was wondering if the ETM mags will work? I normally just get metalform or Checkmates but I'm interst d in the 10 rounders and ETMs in general.

Ffh

Might buy a few might not. I normally carry my Kimber lately but that will change when I get a new Glock 19 Holster.

Wilson, keeps sending me an email that I didn't finish my order, I was ordering a magazine base plate and they wanted $10.00 for shipping a 1/2 oz. part and I cancelled LOL.

Site Supporter
    So here's an update on the use of Wilson Combat ETM magazines in my 9mm Colts. A lot of folks are now aware that problems can arise with this combination if the top round in an inserted magazine contacts the bottom of the ejector and causes it to bend or wear with use. Especially if the mags are inserted vigorously.

I have the low profile aluminum basepads on all my ETM mags, even the ones that originally had the regular basepads. I have been checking the ejectors and so far there is no sign of a problem on my guns. I believe, at least in my case, that the dimensions of the aluminum basepads keep the top round from contacting the ejector -- I've tested this out using the method I described in an earlier post. There is a small amount of clearance even when I push up on the bottom of the inserted magazine.

Hopefully I won't run into problems down the road, but it looks like the ETMs are still the best choice in 9mm 1911 magazines for my use.

Vizard's has Wilson Combat Vickers 800 ETM skew: 811826021045 in stock for $41.91. My shipping was $14.95

https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/wils-...uty-45acp-8rd/
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

User Tag List