Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine Sale

Wilson Combat 1911 Magazine Sale

This just hit my inbox. For anyone looking to try WC 1911 mags, or those that just like to stock up when the gettin's good. Best I can tell, it's ALL 1911 mags, which doesn't happen very often.

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/M...departments/1/

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-06-09 at 3.29.06 PM.jpg
Views: 861
Size:  18.8 KB
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-09-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Site Supporter
    Thanks for the heads up! I only have 10 ETMs and I need to rectify that.

All the best you guys. I wish I could take advantage of this but I gotta watch my pennies these days..

I did notice in the picture on WC the ETM .38 super mags now have a steel follower, all mine have the plastic follower.

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I did notice in the picture on WC the ETM .38 super mags now have a steel follower, all mine have the plastic follower.
    The 9mm versions also have a steel, GI(ish) follower. I'm intrigued by the change.

My primary mag of choice for 1911's in .45 Auto is the Wilson 7 round, full size, 47, with the polymer follower. I've never had any problems with them, but I wonder if the GI follower will find its' way into the .45 Auto models.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Are the 8-rounders less reliable?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Are the 8-rounders less reliable?
    I think all of Wilson's mags are excellent. However, if you want a Wilson 8 rounder, I'd pick one of the ETM versions over the 47D versions. The ETM has a longer tube, designed from the ground up as an 8 rounder. The 47D is really just a 47 (7 rounder) with a different follower and spring that allows an extra round to be stuffed in a tube designed for 7 rounds. The 47D is a really good mag, but I think the ETM is a better mousetrap.

The 47Ds are reliable but the springs will fatigue quickly if the mags are used heavily. They will usually continue to reliably feed but will start failing to lock the slide back when empty. I replace the springs and followers yearly on my IDPA match mags to be safe.

The ETMs are a much better choice as they are a true 8rd mag tube with larger diameter springs.

The ETM-HD that uses the flat wire spring is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I think all of Wilson's mags are excellent. However, if you want a Wilson 8 rounder, I'd pick one of the ETM versions over the 47D versions. The ETM has a longer tube, designed from the ground up as an 8 rounder. The 47D is really just a 47 (7 rounder) with a different follower and spring that allows an extra round to be stuffed in a tube designed for 7 rounds. The 47D is a really good mag, but I think the ETM is a better mousetrap.
    Completely agree.

Site Supporter
    I was considering a few more ETM 10-round 9mm magazines and see they have aluminum and ETM bases. Any info why one would be better than other or other difference considerations? Looks like the bases are slightly differently shaped.

The plastic ETM basepads are flared and dig into my side when carried as spares in a mag carrier on the belt. The metal basepads are flush with the side of the magazine body and are comfortable to carry with the side benefit of being more durable.

User Tag List