Thread: TASER Training

TASER Training

I shot this video at our TASER training today, and I thought some of you might enjoy it.

Our local PD invited the local volunteer EMTs in to help with their Taser training. It gave us a chance to see it in action, and practice removing the barbs.

It's interesting watching people you work with get shot.....

I was impressed with how fast the officers recovered. Having seen that, I'd much rather take a Taser shot then be "subdued" with a baton. There's probably a much smaller risk of serious injury.

Everyone makes "the noise"

Anyone who says the Taser hurts after they've taken a ride .... is lying. Immediately once the voltage is gone, you regain full control over yourself. I was mad and ready to fight after I took my five seconds.

I'd rather be tased twice than hit with a baton or sprayed with OC. It is the most intense pain I've felt in a long time, and definitely overwhelms your senses. It's a great tool.

Five seconds doesn't seem nearly as long when it is happening to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post

Anyone who says the Taser hurts after they've taken a ride .... is lying. Immediately once the voltage is gone, you regain full control over yourself. I was mad and ready to fight after I took my five seconds.

I'd rather be tased twice than hit with a baton or sprayed with OC. It is the most intense pain I've felt in a long time, and definitely overwhelms your senses. It's a great tool.
    Are you saying it doesn't hurt after, or doesn't hurt at all? If it's the latter, NO.

The way I've described it to my friends is 1 second of the pain from a taser is worse than 1 second from the pain of OC, but the taser pain is over after 5 seconds and then you feel amazing.

I've been Tasered 9 times in training. I hope I never take another ride.

I don't know who many times I've been exposed to OC. I'll take the OC as long as I have access to Dawn soap, paper towels, and a hose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

I prefer the Taser over OC or CS, and neither OC or CS effect me that bad. This was me at Taser instructor course back in March. My first exposure and I was the only volunteer in the class.

Jon
    Last edited by zen_grasshopper; 05-19-2012 at 06:40 PM.

User Tag List