Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: JRC's Appendix Holster

Hey JR

I'm checking to see what the consensus is regarding any noticeable comfort issues between the regular version and the slim version of your aiwb holster.

Also checking to see if the holster can be made to accommodate a Glock 17 with a RMR mounted just forward of the rear sight?

Great looking holsters, so keep up the good work.

All the best
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    Hey JR

I'm checking to see what the consensus is regarding any noticeable comfort issues between the regular version and the slim version of your aiwb holster.

Also checking to see if the holster can be made to accommodate a Glock 17 with a RMR mounted just forward of the rear sight?

Great looking holsters, so keep up the good work.

All the best
    I really haven't gotten a huge consensus either way. I think the slim version is going to work better for people who wear really low cut pants or wear closer towards the front of the hip.

As for the RMR, as long as I know the dimensions it takes up, forward of the front sight, I can accommodate the cut to be sure it clears the leather.
    Hope this helps.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell
    http://www.jrcholsters.com

After one of my typical bouts of waking up at 3-4am and not being able to sleep, I started thinking about some of the various belt loop pros and cons of the AIWB-CDA. It seems that no matter what I make, there is always someone who it is not going to work for. What would be the slimmest and most rigid loop that would not shift around, print much and hide well, especially in a tuckable unit.
    I am making a belt for one of the guys on the forum that has a velcro backing and the two thoughts crossed and the light bulb went on.

The velcro is industrial mushroom hook style for a heavy duty grip. The width is a full 2 inches with wrench holes drilled through. Any belt would be able to be easily modified to take this. I am going to wear this everyday for a couple of months and practice as much as possible to check for stability and shifting. I have a pretty good feeling this will answer a lot of loop problems that people have. Any thoughts would be appreciated as always.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

JR

Your Velcro hook design looks like a winner.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Super J View Post
    JR

Your Velcro hook design looks like a winner.
    Thanks. I have been wearing it everyday, all day and it's working great. So far there is absolutely zero shift where it meets up with the belt. Sometimes simple is best.

I recently received one of JR's horsehide holsters and am absolutely in love with it. In addition to all the accolades previously mentioned, I thought I'd throw in a modification I've made to mine. I'm a pretty skinny guy (5'11, 148 lbs) and bulky holsters don't conceal that well. JR made my holster with the thinnest leather that would stay open (i.e. mouth wouldn't collapse) and I rigged up some Pull-the-Dot straps to create a super-slim version of his holster. It uses the kydex mounting plate that mates to the tuckable loop.

And here is a photo of me with wearing it, with a relatively thin (synthetic material) and slim-fitting polo shirt:

ETA: Holster is for an M&P 9c
    Last edited by bdcheung; 05-04-2012 at 09:50 AM.

What can I say about the offset loop design but freakin' awesome! The offset loop puts the stress over the rear stacked leather which really pulls the butt of the pistol in.

Here's what you don't see.

User Tag List