Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: new single stage press

Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    i am between
    RCBS summit press, rock chucker supreme or the MEC marksman

I know the rock chucker is great any one have the other two and any opinions.
    I used a Rockchucker for about 15 years before I bought a Co-ax. They are solid and work well.

The Co-ax is like a Cadillac. The only way to prime on a Co-ax is to put in one primer at a time. It's slow, but primer depth is very consistent.

I bought a Summit on a whim. It's interesting in that you don't have to mount it on the edge of a bench, but the method of capturing spent primers when set up like that is pretty hokey. It has no priming system.

If you want a Co-ax and can't afford new, buy a used one.
    If you don't want to hand prime or if a primer system is important buy the RC.
    If you want to be able to set up the press anywhere get a Summit.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I used a Rockchucker for about 15 years before I bought a Co-ax. They are solid and work well.

The Co-ax is like a Cadillac. The only way to prime on a Co-ax is to put in one primer at a time. It's slow, but primer depth is very consistent.

I bought a Summit on a whim. It's interesting in that you don't have to mount it on the edge of a bench, but the method of capturing spent primers when set up like that is pretty hokey. It has no priming system.

If you want a Co-ax and can't afford new, buy a used one.
    If you don't want to hand prime or if a primer system is important buy the RC.
    If you want to be able to set up the press anywhere get a Summit.
    thanks for the input i hand prime everything so that is not an issue. I would say as of now i am between the co-ax (because i like high end shit) and the summit so i can easily take to camp and load...
    as always this place is full of great information

While I agree that a 550 will make really accurate ammo loading on Co-ax is going to be a bit more consistent. Priming is not an issue, get a hand priming tool with a primer tray.

I really like the Co-ax primer seating, but I also have a hand priming tool.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

I don't see a need to replace my Rockchucker but if I did, I would look hard at the Redding Big Boss II.
    I would not buy another press that did not have a serious primer catcher. The Co Ax does, too, of course.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Why don't you take the co-ax to the range?

FYI... There's a guy who sells replacement jaws which have a captive spring setup. Makes it trivial to switch.
    Not sure. I guess it is because I owned the Hornady before the Co-Ax and just left them setup that way.

Good to know on the captured spring guy...
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

This seems like a good option for portable yet precise reloading.

http://buchananprecisionmachine.com
    #RESIST

I used this a lot when I was traveling.

http://www.partspurveyor.com/product...XLUaAt6K8P8HAQ

I'll be getting another single stage press once construction on the Ultimate Fuckn Alpha Male Room begins. Interested to see what else comes in with recommendations.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean M View Post
    I used this a lot when I was traveling.

http://www.partspurveyor.com/product...XLUaAt6K8P8HAQ

I'll be getting another single stage press once construction on the Ultimate Fuckn Alpha Male Room begins. Interested to see what else comes in with recommendations.
    I've resized buckets of revolver cases with one of those.

User Tag List