Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new single stage press

new single stage press

ok its time for me to look at a new single stage press. Not that there is anything wrong with my old herters press, but i just want new.

i am between
    RCBS summit press, rock chucker supreme or the MEC marksman

I know the rock chucker is great any one have the other two and any opinions.

Site Supporter
    I only have experience with the Hornady single state, but it was simple enough for a couple of newbies that had never reloaded before.

Buy once, cry once.....I've owned several different presses over the years and this is by far the best.

Forster Co-Ax.....

Name:  265719.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  15.6 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Any reason why you need another single stage? Do you have a progressive? #DillonMafia
    #RESIST

Have a dillon 550 I use for 9,40,45 etc. wish Dillion made a single stage. use my single stage for all my rifle. Like the Forster co-ax but a lot of coin right now. May have to save up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by walker2713 View Post
    Buy once, cry once.....I've owned several different presses over the years and this is by far the best.

Forster Co-Ax.....
    Ever since my wife bought me a Co-Ax as a 25th anniversary present, my Rockchucker has collected dust.

The only complaint that I have is the shellholder system. It is a semi-universal style with large (308, etc) and small (223) size which works great but changing between the two is kind of a pain when dealing with a couple little springs. The good part is that you never have to buy shellholders!

I also have a Hornady single stage that I bought used for cheap to setup as a portable rig to take to the range for load development. Typical Hornday, little corners cut here and there but it works.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by butler coach View Post
    Have a dillon 550 I use for 9,40,45 etc. wish Dillion made a single stage. use my single stage for all my rifle. Like the Forster co-ax but a lot of coin right now. May have to save up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dillon doesn't make anything as high quality as the Co-Ax. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    Ever since my wife bought me a Co-Ax as a 25th anniversary present, my Rockchucker has collected dust.

The only complaint that I have is the shellholder system. It is a semi-universal style with large (308, etc) and small (223) size which works great but changing between the two is kind of a pain when dealing with a couple little springs. The good part is that you never have to buy shellholders!

I also have a Hornady single stage that I bought used for cheap to setup as a portable rig to take to the range for load development. Typical Hornday, little corners cut here and there but it works.
    Why don't you take the co-ax to the range?

FYI... There's a guy who sells replacement jaws which have a captive spring setup. Makes it trivial to switch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnm View Post
    Dillon doesn't make anything as high quality as the Co-Ax. Lol
    I didn't see that he claimed they did, but they work well enough at times, like when the US Palma team used a 550 to load their ammo. Still, two wildly different animals.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I didn't see that he claimed they did, but they work well enough at times, like when the US Palma team used a 550 to load their ammo. Still, two wildly different animals.
    Absolutely. I concur on all counts. I actually have and use both.

People have so many wives tales in this hobby.

User Tag List