Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR Type 2

Can’t speak fir certain, but I’m under the impression that the only changes were to the battery powered units. Different contact design and a firmware change to the adjustable that goes back to automatic after x hours. Don’t remember what x hours are. I think you may want to hit up Trish customer service to see if type 2 are available in other models.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Can’t speak fir certain, but I’m under the impression that the only changes were to the battery powered units. Different contact design and a firmware change to the adjustable that goes back to automatic after x hours. Don’t remember what x hours are. I think you may want to hit up Trish customer service to see if type 2 are available in other models.
    Brain remembers fully potted electronics, not sure if they did that with the Type 1?

I don't believe so. That is kind of the deal with auto adjust optics....they get washed out under white light illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Did they make any changes to the Dual illumination models to reduce the washout issues?

Do the green ones washout any less?

Or are they still unsat for a carry gun at this time?

What is latest thinking — is the type 2 a worthwhile upgrade, or just run type 1 until it breaks?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is latest thinking — is the type 2 a worthwhile upgrade, or just run type 1 until it breaks?
    I have sold a lot of them. Never had a single complaint. It seems like they fixed any issues with flickering dot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And then send it in and likely get the Type 2 electronics anyway?
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

Mark, you’ve milled 2 of my guns for Type 1 rmr. What are the chances that a type 2 would fit the pocket if I decide to upgrade?

Thanks

I've broken [the same] Type 2 twice now. To be fair, I've also broken two Type 1s in the past.

I've noticed that the dot on my Type 2 does not seem quite as sharp as on my Type 1, but that's a limited sample for sure.

I certainly wouldn't pull a working Type 1 to replace it with a Type 2.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Quantrill View Post
    Mark, you’ve milled 2 of my guns for Type 1 rmr. What are the chances that a type 2 would fit the pocket if I decide to upgrade?

Thanks
    Other than the tolerance of the housing OAL there is no difference between the two models at all in this regard. Shouldn't be a problem.
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

If it ain’t broke, why break it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List