Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR Type 2

Trijicon RMR Type 2

New RMR Gen2s are coming out soon. I've heard from a reputable source ship date will be 2017-07-01. I'm told that optical clarity remains the same, but that pricing will be better than the current RMRs. I'll be waiting on the Aimpoint product, if/when it comes out; looks to be too incremental an upgrade for me at this point to justify swapping out my RMRs.

Last edited by Default.mp3; 06-05-2017 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    New RMR Gen2s are coming out soon. I've heard from a reputable source ship date will be 2017-07-01. I'm told that optical clarity remains the same, but that pricing will be better than the current RMRs. I'll be waiting on the Aimpoint product, if/when it comes out; looks to be too incremental an upgrade for me at this point to justify swapping out my RMRs.

Yeah. Looks like the upgrades are strictly electronic. No reason really to switch.

If their drawing is correct they have significantly changed the housing dimensions and these will neither fit in an already milled RMR opening in a slide, but will probably not even fit ahead of the rear sight dovetail on a small frame Glock.

The current housing is 1.78 +-.005 per their print.
    1.800 is a bunch (well .020) longer and makes a big difference.

I certainly hope that they haven't done something like this.
    FFL Type 01

"I have learned that wisdom can be as simple as substituting facts for assumptions."

Probability just a rounding thing for the data sheet more than anything. Pg. 1 states compatible with all mounting solutions.

I like the more aggressive pricing. Would love to see what Aimpoint brings to the table if they ever announce something, but if you're in need of a unit now, I wouldn't hold off. My 06 has been very reliable to date.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Probability just a rounding thing for the data sheet more than anything. Pg. 1 states compatible with all mounting solutions.
    Also says you need an RMR Mount for Glock MOS or a "new Springfield".
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I believe Glock still fails to send correct equipment to mount the RMR to a MOS. Could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Have no idea what the new Springfield OSP is (assuming it's an optic ready XD), but my 19 MOS came with the correct adapter plate for the RMR, but the hardware was not right

As Sigfan stated, it's the short screw and the thin piece of sheet metal that goes between the adapter plate and RMR.

Site Supporter
    The RMR doesn't work for me on my pistols of choice (Walthers) because their mounting screw locations are so much wider. If they came out with a 14 mm mounting screw width like other optics, I would take a serious look.

Site Supporter

Trijicon RMR Type 2

Ok, what is the scoop on the new RMR type 2 ?

I'm guessing same footprint as the prior RMR?

Name:  IMG_1306.jpg
Views: 2280
Size:  36.5 KB
    Last edited by HCM; 06-06-2017 at 10:39 AM.

TFB said same footprint for backwards compatibility for mounts.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List