Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment

Raven Concealment

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that if you plan on buying a Raven Concealment Holster anytime soon that you need to be aware they are no longer made of Kydex and are now Injection Molded Plastic I'm guessing similar to Blade-Tech which I have never been a fan of but they are still charging 100 dollars a holster and the holster itself has been entirely re-designed the website hasn't been updated either to reflect this

Huh??? Only one I know that's molded is the Eidolon. Got any pics??

I don't have any pics I read this in another forum and then called raven themselves to confirm I actually have one on the way today but I will be returning it promptly no way am I paying 100 dollars for a injection molded holster I really thought they were a quality company but they are False Advertising in a big way you can call raven themselves and they will tell you this 4405089000

So my Eidolon is molded? Is that a problem? Just saying I've run it for the better part of 2 years with zero issues.

I'm hopping in for more clarity.

I just talked to someone higher up at Raven. Apparently the Phantom Holster hasn't been made of Kydex in years and the gentleman I spoke with claimed that Kydex is a generic term and they have been using a new type of Plastic/Polymer/Material for a while. He then told me that the Phantom holsters are not Injection molded but formed differently but didn't really clarify. The Phantom holsters they have pictured are the old design as well the new design has an open bottom and looks slightly different. I will still be returning it because I feel like something fishy is going on. The Eidolon and the Morrigan are Injection Molded but they also cost 50 dollars. I'm not going to take a chance on a cheapened product personally but that's just me and keep in mind when I asked for a manager they sent me to the "Sales Manager" so make of that what you will.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Current production Phantoms are Boltaron, AFAIK.

The term "Kydex" has become the equivalent of "Kleenex" and people tend to use it to refer to all kinds of sheet thermoplastics.
    Last edited by Tamara; 06-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

May I suggest you wait for some clarification from some of our knowledgeable holsters makers that are forum members. This really seems like you don't have all the information, or at least not the clearest understanding of what's going on at RCS Gear.

I'm not saying I know the answer, and that you're wrong, but you do have different information in these posts. You don't have to like your Raven, and you could certainly return it for whatever reason, but I'd not return it based on faulty information.

RCS has been using Boltaron for some time, since 2012 maybe? Regardless... in some ways it's better but otherwise it's functionally the same for what we actually care about. It's just one of those words that folks can't get past and any attempt as educating the consumer otherwise will result in more trouble than it's worth.

The Morrigan is thermoformed Boltaron, as are the Phantoms. The Eidolon and most Vanguards are injection molded. I'm unsure one could call them cheapened, they've just grown towards a more consistent process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Current production Phantoms are Boltaron, AFAIK.

The term "Kydex" has become the equivalent of "Kleenex" and people tend to use it to refer to all kinds of sheet thermoplastics.
    Hillsman has used Boltaron for a while, here's their explanation of the product.

http://www.hillsmanholster.com/FAQ.html

Q: What is the difference between the plastic you use and Kydex™?
    A: Both plastics are very similar and in the same basic family of plastics. Kydex™ is an older form of the material we use (Boltaron 4330). We have made holsters with both products, and our experience has been that holsters made of our material perform better than those made of Kydex™.

User Tag List