Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistols you regret buying...

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar

Pistols you regret buying...

We all have at least a few....

RIA 1911 5" .45 Auto. I don't actually regret this one so much - it's ugly, but 100% functional for range purposes. I just don't take much pride in owning it and its utility is worth way more than the $200 I'd make in resale at this point.

Tanfoglio TZ-75. Beautifully built and finished, refused to function. Flipped at a heavy loss.

Gen 3 Glock 21 I didn't hate this one actually, but my hands were far too small and the Gen 3 texture far too slipper for this combo to ever work out. I haven't tried a Gen 4, but I imagine I'd probably like that one better.

Gen 4 Glock 23. Refused to function reliably even with 180gr Federal HST. Flipped at a heavy loss.

Gen 3 Glock 19. Because it made me buy so goddamn many other glocks...
    Last edited by Nephrology; 11-02-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Sig 1911 fastback as my first gun. Bought at a premium And sold at a heavy loss.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Para Ordnance Stainless P-13LTD... It was the first pistol I purchased when I turned 21. They'd just recently introduced the limited series. It sucked. Constant malfunctions. I sold it and bought a Beretta Custom Carry... One of the guns I most regret selling.

Site Supporter
    All the guns I bought instead of investing in training.

I wish I had bought 3 of whatever and just practiced practiced practiced/train train train.

STI 2011, it’s great but seriously what was spent on it could of bought a ton of other stuff, any thing XD, m&p compact that patterned at 3 yards like a shotgun at 25 yards (was sent back 3 times and never got fixed)...

An early Walther P22 for my kids to use. Nothing but trouble! The safety engages during recoil. It was sent to S&W with a prepaid label and came back repaired. The same problem occurred during the first magazine.

Now it is a major pain because since it has a threaded barrel I was forced to register it with the State of CT as an Assault Weapon. The next time one of the local municipalities is holding a Libtard Gun Buyback I'm going to cash it in. I can not sell it in CT because as an Assault Weapon it is not transferable to a private individual. Call me greedy, I want to get the AW turn in rate which is usually double the handgun rate. I'll see how that pans out. Then I'll sell or give away the magazines.

I might just put what I get into a M&P 22 since that is what my son is using at Police Cadets.
    Last edited by JohnO; 11-02-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Sig C3 - bought it because 1911. Spit brass directly into my forehead. Sold because 1911

XD9 Tactical- actually this one is my wife's. She just recently said I could sell it, but it has some odd sentimental attachment.
    XD45 Tactical - 230gr FMJ would dent the mag from the inside under recoil
    XD40SC - Learned alot about recoil management with this one.

Berea Thunder .380 - fun range gun, stupid accurate, DA/SA, kind of miss it.

HK USP .45 - This started it all and has cost me a fortune.
    Taking a break from social media.

-Taurus PT100 .40S&W: Stopping power, amirite? Had a very painful trigger reset- traded for Sig P229 9mm I regret selling
    -CZ 52: Broke after the first three rounds. Traded for a Winchester 94
    -Glock 27: didn't learn my lesson from my first .40. Traded for S&W Model 15 I regret selling
    -Walther PPK (Interarms): like shooting a handful of razorblades. Traded for CZ 2075
    -Kel-Tec PF9: Like having a M-80 explode in your hand. Traded for S&W Model 36
    -ATI MP-40 9mm pistol clone. Still have it, and like shooting it, but wish I would have got that CZ Skorpion instead. Will probably sell it or trade it this summer.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

M&P 40 because I discovered 9mm 1911s (and Steel Challenge) shortly thereafter. Now I have a gun with a "dead trigger" and two thousand rounds of 40 S&W that I won't be able to sell in California after the first of the year.

The Beretta Nano- I thought it was pretty bad
    The M&P Shield. I bought this but sold a Beretta 92 to pay for it. I wish I had just kept the Beretta, got training and stayed in Beretta.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List