Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Shameless gunbroker good luck brag

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    The FFL called today on my lucky GB find:

Attachment 17371

It was an unissued/unfired LE gun still covered in factory grease. Yeah, it might not get as much jealousy as LockedBreech's P226 because it's a DAK fotay, but I'm primarily carrying DAK guns and very happy with them, it's full of machined SiGARMS goodness, and I have (or was able to invent) a justification as to why I needed it over the G19 which was collecting dust that I sold to fund it. Now I just need to get a .40 brass jag and bore snake, and decide whether or not I'm going to pull the trigger on the 500 rounds of 180 gr. RA40B that is tempting me on GunBroker.
    Since it's my thread and I like DAK and still hold a candle for fotay, NICE.

In an update, fired the first 200 through the Sig tonight. Pinpoint accurate, perfect ejection, nothing fell off, and the fiberoptic front was so nice I'm not gonna change it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Since it's my thread and I like DAK and still hold a candle for fotay, NICE.

In an update, fired the first 200 through the Sig tonight. Pinpoint accurate, perfect ejection, nothing fell off, and the fiberoptic front was so nice I'm not gonna change it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Glad yours is behaving as it should!

Ran the first 150 through my P229 earlier today. In a word it was...routine. The gun functioned as it was supposed to, confirmed POA/POI out to 15 yds. (the max for the pistol side of my range), and extraction was strong. Recoil was very manageable for .40, but a very noticeable increase over the P229 9mm that I brought along. Next time I'm going to do a back-to-back with my .357 P229 to compare the recoil impulse between the two.

Overall I'm very happy. Happy enough that I may have, in a moment of weakness (or brilliance), ordered a hand-picked unissued/unfired/unhandled '05 P226 .40 from the 7 that the seller has in stock.

User Tag List