Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Carry Surprise

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Glad to see you carry a loaded gun while at the range. That drives me nuts when I talk to my buds and they ask why they should bring a loaded gun, if they have all there crap in a bag.....all your shit is in a BAG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I always keep one of my mags/pouches topped off, too, as a "real" emergency reload not for practice.

Ya never know where a crazy will hit. Some people who don't own guns try to commit suicide at ranges, and suicidal ideation is often accompanied with homicidal ideation as well.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-06-2017 at 07:21 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Many of the supporting businesses here have very good kydex holsters.

The biggest and most blatant issue is lack of retention. Sure it may sit in your pocket well and seem like a thorough design but the moment you get into a physical confrontation you will likely find that either the gun moved out of the holster or fell out. For a revolver which can go bang in your pocket, that isn't good.

Plus pocket carry isn't exactly the best method of carry. A revolver can easily be conceal appendix or the like with a good holster which has retention.
    Got it. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I always keep one of my mags/pouches topped off, too, as a "real" emergency reload not for practice.

Ya never know where a crazy will hit. Some people who don't own guns try to commit suicide at ranges, and suicidal ideation is often accompanied with homicidal ideation as well.
    That's a very good idea.

Site Supporter
    With a tucked in shirt and no cover garment, there are few, if any, better options than pocket carry.

While I own multiple examples of the same holster used by the OP and have no issues with them, if a Kydex holster is desired, I have found the Aholster to be the best pocket holster I have used. It conceals a larger pocket gun better than anything else I have used, primarily due to minimized bulk, and also separates from the gun more reliably while drawing than anything else I have used.

The one caveat is to sand or file down the point on the hook adjacent to the rear sight so that is is a larger, rounded surface, and then wrap a couple of layers of adhesive moleskin (available in the foot care section of many pharmacies) around the hook. Cut the moleskin so that when wrapped around the hook, it extends beyond the hook about 1/8" to 3/16" so that the extension forms a cushion for the end of the hook. This will (hopefully) prevent this otherwise excellent holster from putting a hole in your pocket.
    Last edited by BillSWPA; 06-06-2017 at 09:11 PM.

User Tag List