Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Paul Van Dunk Video re recoil control

Great job E!

Great to see seasoned guys learning more modern technique. Learning something new after years of using something else is not easy and often the hardest part is convincing them that just because something worked for so long doesn't mean that something else better exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Surf View Post
    Great job E!

Great to see seasoned guys learning more modern technique. Learning something new after years of using something else is not easy and often the hardest part is convincing them that just because something worked for so long doesn't mean that something else better exists.
    I am particularly indebted to you, Surf, for the info posted here and in your PM which resonated strongly with me. I worked on both grip and stance based upon info you shared.

It led me to some further study...both reading and video...and then to the Blackhawk demonstrator, (first recommended to me by Tom of DSG), which helped reinforce the grip much like eating and sleeping with one's rifle.

I've certainly got plenty of room for improvement and refinement but I feel good about the progress made thus far.

Thanks again to you and everyone that helped make that transition an enjoyable learning process as Kevin (Psalms) put it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List