Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Belt TQ Carrier: Phlster Flatpack or NAR?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Looks like just a sleeve/bag you put stuff into?

The AFAK is purpose built. But as I stated above for minimalistic EDC medical a flatpack can carry a tq and a pack of celox, which is basically all you need for yourself. Even throw a folded fox chest seal in there if you are inclined.
    I love an AFAK. It is my go to EDC med.

In Rich's case, I know he wears shorts a lot; so I think your suggestion of a flatpack and run the shock cord long to lash some hemo-gauze and a seal or small compression bandage is a winner.

The Flatpack is super versatile when you consider removing the straps and adding in cargo pockets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since this thread needs photos...

http://instagram.com/p/BUhMDYVlzsR/
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Thanks guys. I'll add the Phlster to my next Amazon order.

Yeah, to expand a bit, ankle is not going to work. I wear cargo shorts / T short like 95% of the time.

It occurred to me I have two square pockets up front and a belt.

Hence, inserting gauze in one, a H&H in the other, and the TQ on the belt.

Clipped strong side is a Mini-Grip, weak side is a Streamlight ProTac 1L.

Plus wallet, keys (strong side) and iPhone (weak side) front pockets.

Oh yeah, and a HK P30SK LEM strong side AOWB.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    I would highly recommend an ankle kit.
    What ankle kit do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by CGA View Post
    What ankle kit do you recommend?
    The Ryker nylon AFAK.

I've been using the gen1 for some time now and have their gen2 coming my way right now for an upgrade. I will likely do a review soon on it and post it up. For LE and/or CCW citizens who want to carry a decent amount of medical items on their person this is awesome. I've posted before about my use of this item on the board.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Ok, I need some advice.

I've been carrying my CAT on the phlster about a week or so.

(Remember I am a lefty.). My carry belt is similar to this 1 1/4" dress belt. I thread left to right. The TQ ends up sliding around to 4-5 o'clock on my weak side.

Here's what it looks like:

I'd like to get somebody more familiar with carrying a TQ on a phlster to give me an assessment of TQ folding, orientation and position of the windlass, to reduce printing and enhance comfort.

I mean, it works at the moment, but since I don't do this as a living, thought I would ask for help. Any thoughts appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Ok, I need some advice.

I've been carrying my CAT on the phlster about a week or so.

(Remember I am a lefty.). My carry belt is similar to this 1 1/4" dress belt. I thread left to right. The TQ ends up sliding around to 4-5 o'clock on my weak side.

Here's what it looks like:

I'd like to get somebody more familiar with carrying a TQ on a phlster to give me an assessment of TQ folding, orientation and position of the windlass, to reduce printing and enhance comfort.

I mean, it works at the moment, but since I don't do this as a living, thought I would ask for help. Any thoughts appreciated.
    fold it flat?

VDMSR.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone have experience with BFG's Micro Trauma Kit? It seems like a lot of kit to keep on your person, but I've been at ranges where groups have decided to leg it to another shooting station, rather than take their vehicles, and a dead-sprint back and forth would still take a few minutes.
    I don't love the contents of that pack. I think the average person seeking an on-the-body trauma kit would be a lot better off with just a TQ. The chest seal and NPA aren't great ideas for most first responders and I definitely do not want somebody who is untrained doing a needle decompression on me.

I'd prefer a TQ, hemostatic dressings and a fully charged cell phone.

I like the Flat Pack and carry it. I think it's the easier of the two to use. There's another that seems solid as well but is more suited for duty. Between them the FP seems to be the way to roll. More versatile and easier to load.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Roughly once a month I receive messages from people that have used their medical kits to save lives. Almost half of those messages credited the chest seal and have no mention of using the TQ. Tiny insugnificant sample size but it still surprised me.

If i remember correctly Kerry Davis was on the Gunfightercast last year and talked importance of chest seals state side.
    http://www.gunfightercast.com/wordpr...u-are-missing/
    Owner of Ryker Nylon Gear - Ryker Nylon Gear Facebook

User Tag List